Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

81 - 100 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Re: Current recalls on Pet food and Items

I received an alert about a week or two ago about Merrick dog treats.
I received that alert and posted it trying not to start an all out panic....and getting in trouble! Lol! It was for their treats and was a small lot of them, mostly in Texas with possible salmonella. There was a lot number also. There were no reported illnesses. I understand that salmonella recalls are basically for dog owners themselves due to hand washing issues after touching the food and not so much the dogs themselves? I would contact the dog food advisor and let them know their alert was LATE!

·
Registered
7 Posts

Does anyone have any updates on Canidae dog food? This food made my dogs very sick about 3 years ago and I've never used it again. Just wondering if they're still around and if they fixed the problems with their food.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts

Not sure what's going on with Canidae.

However there are new Aflotoxin recalls on Iams and Cargill products. Getting the details and will post further Shortly.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts

Diamond Pet Food recall, on Lamb and Rice formula, for salmonella
http://www.diamondpet.com/promotions/61/

Product Name Bag Size Production Code & “Best Before” Code

Diamond Naturals Lamb & Rice 6lb DLR0101D3XALW Best Before 04 Jan 2013

Diamond Naturals Lamb & Rice 20lb DLR0101C31XAG Best Before 03 Jan 2013

Diamond Naturals Lamb & Rice 40lb DLR0101C31XMF Best Before 03 Jan 2013

Diamond Naturals Lamb & Rice 40lb DLR0101C31XAG Best Before 03 Jan 2013

Diamond Naturals Lamb & Rice 40lb DLR0101D32XMS Best Before 04 Jan 2013

·
Registered
10,534 Posts

Crap, I feed Kirkland, in fact ALL my favorite brands are listed...

·
Registered
334 Posts

Crap, I feed Kirkland, in fact ALL my favorite brands are listed...
I know what ya mean. I like quite a few of these as well. Socks ya right in the gut. :/

And being in NC--I can pretty much bet the farm any Diamond food I would pick would come out of SC. :(

·
Registered
10,534 Posts

I know what ya mean. I like quite a few of these as well. Socks ya right in the gut. :/

And being in NC--I can pretty much bet the farm any Diamond food I would pick would come out of SC. :(
I'm right above you in VA, so they also most likely distribute our foods from that plant as well.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts

Yep, way too close to home for us to be "safe".
I am still using the 4Health Chicken and Rice formula ... no problems here. I bought Canidae ALS just for Lucy yesterday ...hope I did not make a mistake. I was staying clear of the TOTW for a bit? Hope I did my homework right? :doh:

·
Registered
10,534 Posts

I've got 1/3 of my Kirkland, no ill effects for my dogs. I think they've closed the plant more to insure a proper clean up and sterilization of processing equipment.

·
Registered
334 Posts

I am still using the 4Health Chicken and Rice formula ... no problems here. I bought Canidae ALS just for Lucy yesterday ...hope I did not make a mistake. I was staying clear of the TOTW for a bit? Hope I did my homework right? :doh:
Canidae is made by Diamond as well. You can look at the code on the bag and if it has a X about 1/2-3/4 way through the code, it is made in Gaston SC.

Of course at this time, only the DN L&R has been recalled-and the plant is closed for cleaning. But if you see ANY symptoms that are not normal, be cautious.

IF your food doesn't come from SC, it should be fine.....Should be, of course being the important words. :)

·
Registered
13,074 Posts

Canidae is made by Diamond as well. You can look at the code on the bag and if it has a X about 1/2-3/4 way through the code, it is made in Gaston SC.

Of course at this time, only the DN L&R has been recalled-and the plant is closed for cleaning. But if you see ANY symptoms that are not normal, be cautious.

IF your food doesn't come from SC, it should be fine.....Should be, of course being the important words. :)
Thanks ... small 5 lb bag ... no "X" anywhere ... It looks like it is from MA ... # Mah-2013 ...

·
Registered
334 Posts

Thanks ... small 5 lb bag ... no "X" anywhere ... It looks like it is from MA ... # Mah-2013 ...
I know the MO plant code is M--not sure about Ca. So I'd say yours is probably from MO with the M. :) But you can always call customer service to check, just to be sure if you're concerned. :)

·
Registered
4,849 Posts

Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover’s Soul
http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2012/04/recall-alert-chicken-soup-for-the-pet-lovers-soul/
Diamond Pet Food issued a recall on April 10, 2012 for a limited number of dry dog food bags. That recall was expanded today to include certain lots of its Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover’s Soul dog food. Laboratory analysis completed by ODA’s Consumer Protection Laboratory showed the pet food tested positive for Salmonella contamination.

81 - 100 of 197 Posts