Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

I'm new to this and would love some help and advice! I have inherited a 7 year old boxer who is a nervous wreck around strangers in my house but becomes the terminator when I take him for a walk! He tried to slam-dunk a terrier a few months ago so now I am really wary about walking him. I tend to walk him in the dark or when I think other people won't be daft enough to walk their dogs. He is very strong and has pulled me into the road before or to the point where I have fallen over with him in his pursuit to defend himself! The thing is.... I enjoy laughing at others when they fall so I have to expect it back and that was not good for my people when I was flailing on tarmac! Despite my torrid descriptions my boxer appears to have issues that he has learned and make him very loveable as they are not his fault. He has had a chaotic past and feels the need search out every possible threat, which sadly includes little dogs with unsuspecting owners! Anyone identify with this at all??????

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
It sounds to me like he has confidence issues. Reactivity stemming from insecurity stemming from a chaotic past. What happens exactly when he sees another person, or when he sees a dog? Is it the same thing, or is it just aggression towards other dogs?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts