Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Banned
6,266 Posts
One of the local colleges here has the Saluki as a mascot! Only reason I knew about them from a young age honestly. I'd love to have a smooth coated one someday.

· Registered
2,621 Posts
I can see how the Saluki and Tazi would be somewhat the same thing, and Persian Greyhound is just a synonym for Saluki/Tazi, right? But the Taigan looks a bit different from them, with longer hair, more like an Afghan that's more moderately coated. And while the Taigan may be a type of Persian Greyhound, it's hard to believe it's the same thing as a Saluki :/

· Registered
2,939 Posts

· Registered
2,621 Posts
I don't know about that site. So it says that the Tazi and Saluki are the same thing. While that may be true, it also says that Sloughi are smaller versions of Saluki. :/ (Sloughi are taller than Saluki...)

But the information is interesting nonetheless. I didn't know that different kinds of Muslims had different views of the Saluki being 'a gift of Allah'. (thought it was in the Koran but apparently it's not)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.