Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
I agree, at this point its too late the dog needs to be rehomed. But its obvious from reading the description that the dog has severe separation anxiety and general aggression "we need a hermit who never has people over...."

To me it sounds like an unexercised, untrained BC that developed temperament issues. I would be really suprised if it turned out she runs him an hour a day, has had behaviourists in to deal with the issues...
I see what you're saying. At least she's doing the right thing now?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I see what you're saying. At least she's doing the right thing now?
Yeah... For the safety of the kid I think the dogs needs a new home. With someone who can properly care for it.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
http://wichita.craigslist.org/pet/3581316187.html

Posts like these make me really wonder if it's a situation of someone who got a puppy and figured out it's too much work for them... or people who got a puppy and wanted to make some easy money. Especially if it's a purebred or close to it. Considering it's at the typical age of leaving the mother and litter anyways.

http://wichita.craigslist.org/pet/3581313835.html

Another puppy situation. These are far too common, and so unfortunate.

http://wichita.craigslist.org/pet/3581066514.html

This one made me a little sad because it sounds like a husband just not letting his wife have a dog of her own. Seems like a really sweet dog too!

·
Registered
6,658 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
I guess what I do see on our local listings are "purebreed German shephard pups", "pups-- Bluetick coonhound", "Longhaired chihuahua puppy"-- for sale or trade.... prices are lower than the newspapers, and they are traded/sold purely as commodities, etc....

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
on craiglist- female JRT not spayed- had one litter and she was a good mother. Reason for finding a home after 2 years of owning the dog. They have too many pets. WHAT! They could not count before this.

·
Registered
717 Posts
on craiglist- female JRT not spayed- had one litter and she was a good mother. Reason for finding a home after 2 years of owning the dog. They have too many pets. WHAT! They could not count before this.
No they just selling her to someone who wants to make money breeding her...

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
No they just selling her to someone who wants to make money breeding her...
I saw an ad last night of some girl trying to breed her mix breed terrier female. Saying she "wanted to borrow someone's male" because it would make "cute puppies", it made me so angry. Some 20 year old having no idea what she was doing besides contributing to the over population.

·
Registered
17,910 Posts
They're emaciated and dangerously wormy - like could be forming blockages as well as starving the puppies of nutrition wormy.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Saw this tonight on Craigslist...screencapped it.

Is it me, or is there something wrong with those puppies...seriously, if there arent already enough pitts in shelters, now this guy is selling his, which are either WAY over fed, or have some sort of bloat problem...
I hate stupid people
That... that is disgusting. Someone needs to report him.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Craigslist is really ridiculous. The only reason why I went on it was to find a dog a year ago (Daisy) then again last week. Daisy's owner said that he had gotten her and another Beagle puppy for his kids and he was giving Daisy away because his kids wasn't giving her any attention (story #1), then he said that a friend of his dog had given birth to some puppies and he was given them to turn into hunting dogs, when that plan didn't go the way he wanted he decided to get rid of the pups (story #2) then he said that he had gotten her from a shop (story #3). Whatever story is true or if all 3 aren't real, I got an excellent dog! Beetle, now, his story is similar in some areas. His owner said he had found him as a 3 week old puppy in his yard and he had spent hours plucking ticks off of him, he kept Beetle, got all his shots and stuff. Buuut.... Beetle's owner worked for weeks and sometimes months out of the states so either Beetle was boarded up at a boarders or he was carted along on the plane then put in a boarder when his owner got to his destination. That's been his life for 2 years, his whole known life! It's unfair that these two wonderful dogs have had to go through holy h--- before they got to me, I won't let neither go. They're here to spend the rest of their lifes under my roof and with me.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Fritz is a six year old purebred/papered GSD has been raised since a puppy by a loving home. He is neutered. He has a large attractive head and weighs 100lbs. He is completely house trained. We can leave him in the house for several hours without accidents, so long as they empty the trash first. He has never been destructive or chewed up any shoes! He has never shown any separation anxiety, even as a puppy. He is a protective dog and needs a home with dominant handlers. German Shepherd experience is a must.

Fritz is very loving and affectionate dog. He loves to be with his family, but has been given to other people while we are on vacation. He knows numerous commands: Sit, Down, Stay, Blanket, etc. He is VERY WELL TRAINED. He is a sensitive GSD with good intuition and requires few corrections from a good handler. He can be a little head strong so it is important for his owners to keep up with his training. He has low game drive and is a lower energy dog. He can sleep for most of the day or play all day depending on the owner's desire. He has been raised with other dogs and plays well, but is an alpha so not recommended for families who already have an alpha. He has never chased a cat, but has not been introduced to many. He is good with small dogs and has played with many.

We cannot keep him do too having twins on the way. Call Jason Nine16-TWO25-7Four78
Please email me for a video of him.
Adoption fee of $250 is paid to El Dorado County German Shepherd Rescue, this is tax deductible.

Cons: He has not been raised with children, but has been around them without incident. We do not recommend him with young children and prefer grown/no children. He must have owners who keep up with training because otherwise he is too headstrong and is anxious with week handlers. He needs to be told what to do. He dislikes the UPS man.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Posting ID: 3584977587

Posted: 2013-01-31, 1:29PM PST

email to a friend

Avoid scams, deal locally! Do NOT wire funds (Western Union, Moneygram). Beware cashier checks, money orders, shipping, non-local buyers/sellers. More info
I am a devoted mother to my young daughter, and e hae 3 dogs. Can I say these people MAKE ME SICK AND ANGRY.
This dog has done nothing wrong. They are the eipitome of convenience ruling the day-- they are having twins SO WHAT so have twins and a dominant dog. I am having very bad thoughts about these people. What is wrong with people? If there is a GOd or Karma, they will get what is coming to them.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Fritz is a six year old purebred/papered GSD has been raised since a puppy by a loving home. He is neutered. He has a large attractive head and weighs 100lbs. He is completely house trained. We can leave him in the house for several hours without accidents, so long as they empty the trash first. He has never been destructive or chewed up any shoes! He has never shown any separation anxiety, even as a puppy. He is a protective dog and needs a home with dominant handlers. German Shepherd experience is a must.

Fritz is very loving and affectionate dog. He loves to be with his family, but has been given to other people while we are on vacation. He knows numerous commands: Sit, Down, Stay, Blanket, etc. He is VERY WELL TRAINED. He is a sensitive GSD with good intuition and requires few corrections from a good handler. He can be a little head strong so it is important for his owners to keep up with his training. He has low game drive and is a lower energy dog. He can sleep for most of the day or play all day depending on the owner's desire. He has been raised with other dogs and plays well, but is an alpha so not recommended for families who already have an alpha. He has never chased a cat, but has not been introduced to many. He is good with small dogs and has played with many.

We cannot keep him do too having twins on the way. Call Jason Nine16-TWO25-7Four78
Adoption fee of $250 is paid to El Dorado County German Shepherd Rescue, this is tax deductible.

Cons: He has not been raised with children, but has been around them without incident. We do not recommend him with young children and prefer grown/no children. He must have owners who keep up with training because otherwise he is too headstrong and is anxious with week handlers. He needs to be told what to do. He dislikes the UPS man.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Posting ID: 3584977587

Posted: 2013-01-31, 1:29PM PST

email to a friend

Avoid scams, deal locally! Do NOT wire funds (Western Union, Moneygram). Beware cashier checks, money orders, shipping, non-local buyers/sellers. More info
I am a devoted mother to my young daughter, and e hae 3 dogs. Can I say these people MAKE ME SICK AND ANGRY.
This dog has done nothing wrong. They are the eipitome of convenience ruling the day-- they are having twins SO WHAT so have twins and a dominant dog. I am having very bad thoughts about these people. What is wrong with people? If there is a GOd or Karma, they will get what is coming to them.
That's surprisingly one of the few decent ads I've seen on there! Seems like a pretty awesome dog aside from a few minor issues that can easily be fixed with committed training. It's unfortunate that the owners can't keep him, but the reason could be legit. Twins are expensive and I couldn't imagine have two infants and a dog that requires a lot of training and attention. I like how the rehoming will go to a GSD rescue.

·
Registered
894 Posts
That's surprisingly one of the few decent ads I've seen on there! Seems like a pretty awesome dog aside from a few minor issues that can easily be fixed with committed training. It's unfortunate that the owners can't keep him, but the reason could be legit. Twins are expensive and I couldn't imagine have two infants and a dog that requires a lot of training and attention. I like how the rehoming will go to a GSD rescue.
I agree. This ad doesn't bother me. Imagine having twins, maybe husband is not home a lot, maybe no family who cam help out around, no extra money for dog sitter/baby sitter...twins are a challenge and cost a lot of money.
Its good they look for a new home even before the babies arrive and they dont just get rid of as fast as possible.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Yep I agree. When my 1 daughter was born, Pirate was still alive, he was very rambunctious and suffered from diabetes, he peed everywhere. It was a very really challenge trying to keep up a newborn and a sick and very high energy dog, I couldn't imagine having two newborns, a very large head strong dog that needs mass amounts of attention and training.

Not saying its not impossible, but I think you are being responsible in saying, I can't do this and this could lead to a worse situation if I tried.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
For me the issue is I see so many people giving up dogs as soon as they get pregnant (we are having a baby boom in SF). I think there is another thread about that. Its like, what you never saw your self getting pregnant and having kids when you got the dog?
Yes he sounds like he is placeable, but really, so he will get placed, and another dog wont... and in a few years, they will get another dog. Animals are not disposeable, and I do not actually feel that just because you decided you are going to have kids, out goes the dog. They chose a GSD, high likely to have alpha dogs in this breed, amongst other challenges ...

61 - 80 of 88 Posts