Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
17,910 Posts

·
Registered
17,910 Posts
Don't understand craigslist policy. No sale of dogs or cats but horses, cows, goats and s*x are okay to sell on it! Makes one go "Hmmmmm?"
There... isn't really an 'edible livestock' overpopulation problem.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Pit/Wolf..? That doesn't sound right!

http://wichita.craigslist.org/pet/3572080493.html

Just the real deal...?

I was also going to share an ad that has been basically an all out war on my local craigslist about as the owners called them "American Sharp Pei Puppies".. which isn't right at all in the first place. She claimed to have "rescued" the litter from a bad situation, they all had advanced mange, and she was asking almost 300 dollars for each of them as "rehoming fees" to cover vet costs. It was ridiculous, and very shady! The ads seemed to have been removed though, or else I would share.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
The personal ads are something. Really they can post a picture of that on there? Yes, I do read craigslist. More so for the lost ads because it seems more people post there instead of the local paper. A rehoming fee of $250 for a mixed breed puppy is considered selling in my book. Just think about it when you go pay for a puppy the breeder is hoping you will take the puppy home with you. Policy just does not make sense but common sense is lacking these days.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
There... isn't really an 'edible livestock' overpopulation problem.
Horses aren't 'edible' in my book, and there is a terrible horse over population. So bad people are letting their horses loose in the black hills of SD. I've told his story before... My dad knows a guy that tied a horse up to a trailer at the end of his (rural) driveway next to a busy-ish (as busy as it can be while still being rural) road and put up a sign that said free horse. He came back at the end of the day to find his horse still tied up to the trailer, with another horse, the sign was changed to 'free horses.'

·
Registered
17,910 Posts
Horses aren't 'edible' in my book, and there is a terrible horse over population. So bad people are letting their horses loose in the black hills of SD. I've told his story before... My dad knows a guy that tied a horse up to a trailer at the end of his (rural) driveway next to a busy-ish (as busy as it can be while still being rural) road and put up a sign that said free horse. He came back at the end of the day to find his horse still tied up to the trailer, with another horse, the sign was changed to 'free horses.'
Yes. Agreed. Horses are no longer really agricultural animals - because they've been replaced with tractors and tillers and other machinery. They're pets, status symbols and recreational - and they're expensive as heck, at a time when affording to take care of them is difficult, especially if you're a small farmer. But I do understand why they aren't lumped in with pets and other animals on craigslist. Mostly because, historically, they were not primarily pets. They may have been well cared for and even loved, but they were still equipment necessary to run a business (or survive).

You'll also find dogs being sole in the farm and garden section of craigslist quite often, at least in my area, because they're STOCK DOGS. No one ever flags them for selling, either, for - I suspect - similar reasons. Or at least a similar association.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am always saddend by all the people just getting rid of their animals, I always cry when I see all the animals on craigslist.
I really think people should have to have a license to breed animals, not just let your pet get pregnant by the neighbor dog or cat, it should be illegal

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Arrrgh. Those ads are disgusting.

May as well say, "My human baby requires some attention and feeding. I just don't have time for that as I have a very busy schedule and can never be home with said child. That's why I need to get rid of it." *rolls eyes*

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Recently there have been a series of ads for a dog and some cats by the same person who found out she's having a baby, so she can't have pets anymore!

Uhh... what?? Not even "We had a baby and don't have time" or "We're afraid the pets will suck the life out of the baby" or whatever stupidity people usually post... nope, getting rid of three animals because she's having a baby. Why the heck would you get them in the first place!? I also don't understand how someone could be so unattached to their pets.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Craigslist pet section kills me. Everytime I view it - and I do so too often for my mental health - I end up raging to whoever's in the room with me about people and irresponsibility. And everytime, the wise friend or family member tells me to stop torturing myself by looking. I cannot help it! It's a sick obsession.

I saw an ad not too long ago where a great dane puppy was being rehomed because it "got too big." That blew my mind! I mean, you can't come up with a clearer no-brainer than that. Great danes get big. Everyone and their second cousin knows that, right?!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have decided that when I am out on my own with a house I will get a pit bull (mix or full) from Craigslist mainly because if a pittie ends up in the wrong hands it could be a very bad thing. But then I think of the pitties in rescue, but usually they can screen the owners. Craigslist people don't... I can not look at it though because I get too upset.

There was one person who had a min pin she needed to rehome because she was supposedly being deployed. If it is true, that is a legitimate reason. The dog was spayed and up to date on all vx as well.

I want to start a Craigslist Rescue Organization...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Not dog related, but when I was looking on craigslist the other day I found someone trying to sell their 'family gator' and tank. I texted the link to my husband and told him I'd changed my mind about a dog and we should go for the gator instead. Seriously... A gator?

ETA, it's actually still there, http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/pet/3563188844.html

Not related to a craigslist ad.. But I was at Petsmart and someone had there alligator with them.. It is only like 3 feet long though :/ I though it was a Caiman, because I don't know if you can stunt an alligators growth... I think the guy even had it on a leash XD , But he was still holding it

21 - 40 of 88 Posts