Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Reminds me of an old joke.

A guy says to another guy standing near a dog, "Does your dog bite?"

The other guy says, "No." so the first guy reaches down to pet the dog and gets chomped.

"Hey! I thought you said your dog doesn't bite!"

"That's not my dog."

A small, evil part of me was tempted to open the gate and let Esther out. Of course, I would never do that, nor would I fire a gun into a crowd of extremely annoying people.

But the thought did cross my mind.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
The bad thing Ron is if Esther did eat that person's dogs, Esther would be the Bad Dog. Maybe an E-fence on the OUTSIDE of the pen is what you need?
That's pretty messed up.

So a dog can just invade someone else's space and is basically legally protected to do so?

We humans have stupid "logic" sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
12,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I don't want to make it sound like Esther is a dog who will chomp on just any dog that gets near her. She has plenty of dog friends and some of them can be very annoying. She's very tolerant, once she knows them. The fact that she hasn't killed Zeke is a testament to her patience.

But a dog prancing around just on the other side of the fence is an invader. I suppose she could be trained to ignore them, but I don't think that's a productive use of my time or hers. With Esther, you pick your battles carefully.

Oddly, in a town that I think literally has more dogs than people, this is the first time this has happened, so maybe it was a fluke. People walk by here all day with well-behaved dogs on leashes and there's no problem.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I'll never get over the time I was cussed out by an elderly woman for not letting her dog greet Donatello... "She's friendly! She's wouldn't f***ing bite your ugly mutt! *SHEESH* " I didn't even respond to that... I wanted to say, "Yeah, well bite me you ole' hag! Maybe my dog's a [email protected]$$ and'd eat yours a new poop-hole!"

But... I didn't say anything, I kept on trekking...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts