I have had the absolute worst day of my life and it's only noon. My mother went on vacation, to florida for 2 weeks. I was housesitting/petsitting for her. She has a 5 year old st. bernard mix that we rescued 4 years ago. And he is an inside dog, although he has a 60' x 50' kennel in her yard, witch he plays in and stays in when no one is home. (He tends to play too rough with the kitty's, no one's told him he weighs 175 lol) Anywayz i had to work last night...... so i put Keeba in his kennel, filled his food/water ... and gave him some toys. When i got off work 7am this morning, before i even go in i notice that he didnt come out of his dog house to greet me, witch i immeditely thought was odd, however blew it off as him sleeping or being lazy. So i unlock the kennel door and step inside, he STILL does not come out. I called his name 3 times and still nothing, finally just as my heart is exploding, he pops his head out of the house, and i froze at what i saw. You couldn't even see his big ... brown puppy eyes. They were entirely blood red. I freaked ran to the house and got him out. I literaly had to pull him out, and i only weigh 130, dog has near 50lbs on me, as soon as i got him out he fell onto me ... and was crying, so i started crying and screaming for my neighbor to come help me. He was going to work himself and came running, he got Keeba off me and we tried to get him into the house ... and he was totally blind, he walked into the side of my car and fell over. I again started to freak, thank god dale came to help me i have no idea how i would've done this myself. Dale finally lifted him and carried him into my moms house. When we get inside he tells me that as he carried him his tummy felt weird. So i check and it looks/feels like he ate a basketball!! His breathing was extremely labored, almost like he was gasping. And he was shaking super bad. I immeditely called my vet.. lol TOLD her i was coming in rather making an appointment, and again my neighbor helped me carry him to my car. When i get to the vet she told me that his organs were failing, just as she said this he spews black diairria all over her floor, and all over himself. The vet told me it was a toxin and she belived that someone poisoned him. I knew what she was going to tell me next. So i laid on the floor with him, bawling like a baby. I had to have him put to sleep, she asked me if i wanted to leave or stay with him, and of course i stayed with him till the end. I can't help feeling like i failed him somehow, i have never felt so guilty about anything in my life. The vet is doing a necropsy to see what the toxin was, however when i got home, i searched his kennel, and i saw little pieces of hamburger meat, with like... green chunks. It almost looked like green bil jac. I called the police and they came and took it, and i think i realized the reason. The lock on my moms shed ( right next to Keeba's kennel) was cut and her generator and chainsaw had been stolen. I'm sure that someone poisoned my dog so he wouldn't bark at them. Everyone in the neighborhood loved Keeba, he never barked in his kennel for no reason. All the kids around here called him mini-horse. No matter what i do i just can;t wrap my mind around that fact that someone has done this ..... someone intentionally killed her poor dog, and all i can think of was i should have locked the cat in the bedroom and let him stay inside. Of course i had to call my mom and tell her what happened. Witch of course ruined her vaction .. she's on her way home now so the when we can have Keeba's body back, we can bury him together. I feel like the biggest jerk in the world, and i can't stop crying. I guess i really just wanted to vent, but either way it won't bring Keeba back to us. Thank you for taking the time to read about my poor baby boy.