Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mom keeps planting stuff every year......In the WRONG spot!! I try to tell her it's wrong. I dig up the plants for her and move them where they belong. Why do I have to go through this EVERY YEAR? Why won't she listen and plant her flowers where they belong?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I don't like where my mom puts the houseplants, so I got up on the table and dug up her avocado plant. I knew it was bad for me so I didn't eat it, but I made sure to move it! She didn't like it on the floor though.....and she wasn't happy about the dirt either. I thought it was a great decorating addition, but she just swept it up!
--Caeda

LOL, yeah, I had some digging problems last year, and I'm sure I'll have some more this year when the ground thaws out. We didn't find anything that really worked for Caeda, but she has no problem with any of the taste-deterring products out there and goes back the second it wears off. I did try a couple things though that "might" fend off Pebbles.
try "Brewing" Cayenne in a coffee pot, put the liquid in a sprayer and spray it (be careful, if you breathe it in its like pepper spray!).
there is a product called "No Dig" that actually kept her away from her dig spot for about a half hour.
If you have an actual "garden area" you could try some Boundary Training
We tried using incompatible behaviours like sit or down (or come), but if we turned our back she would go for it again.

Good luck! And Pebbles, you leave Mom's plants alone, she likes them there!

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Doh! I'm thinking, "Why in the heck doesn't doglady just leave her mom's flowers alone? Why does care she where they're planted?? What a busybody!!"

Here's my busybody, "protecting" this nice plant before she completely dug it up and moved it out of the way....

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
My Mom keeps planting stuff every year......In the WRONG spot!! I try to tell her it's wrong. I dig up the plants for her and move them where they belong. Why do I have to go through this EVERY YEAR? Why won't she listen and plant her flowers where they belong?
Hey Pebbles, This is Peanut.
I try to tell my mom the SAME THING! See she keeps her's in these round objects that are filled with dirt and it's HORRIBLE! I mean WHY would you do that? Then there are these plants that grow up right in the middle of my running path!!!! WHY?!?!? That's where I RUN!

I keep on getting yelled at too when I try to move them to a safer place. Not sure what I'm going to do this year. Maybe putting one or two in her bed might make her listen to me.

Good luck, and if you figure out a solution, let me know!
Peanut

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hee hee, she put me in the house so I'd stay out of her plants. hee hee, so you know what I did? hee hee, I locked her out of the house. It was great. You should have seen her face too. Then I sat back and watched her climb through a window. Yup. That's what I did. hee hee She forgets that I have a few tricks up my paw too.

I say we unite! They really need to leave our houses and yards alone. All dogs unite - ahh-wooooooo! Who's with me?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did she really lock you out of the house? That is priceless!
Yes, she did. For the 2nd time in 8 years. She jumps up on the sliding door and pulls the lever down. Since it was 8 years ago that this last happened, I was not expecting it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts