Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it okay to give peanut butter to a puppy? She is 8 weeks old. I am thinking of putting it in a kong (my older dog loves it) to help get her in the crate.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Absolutely fine. If you stuff the kong then freeze it, she will get some extra time out of trying to get it out of the toy

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Not too much! Like, don't stuff the entire Kong with it. Its super high-fat and that can cause some issues for some dogs. A tablesoon or two, tops.

·
Registered
426 Posts
ya its fine...just be prepared for them to love it...and be prepared that anytime you make a peanut butter sandwich (for yourself) for the next few years, they'll always think its for them :D
Man, I rarely give my dog peanut butter, and yet every time I have my pre-soccer snack (toasted mini bagel w/peanut butter) I get harassed. And with those puppy dog "i am so sad i know you just fed me but my god man i'm dying hungry please please let me just have a lick why don't you love me any more" eyes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh, goodness! I got my eight-week-old puppy a little pink kong and I put a little bit of peanut butter in it (literally less than 1/8 tsp.) and throw in a little corner of one of her soft treats and she is the happiest puppy ever! Plus it's good because she continues to play with the kong until bedtime (which means she sleeps longer for her Daddy and I to sleep).

·
Registered
409 Posts
Man, I rarely give my dog peanut butter, and yet every time I have my pre-soccer snack (toasted mini bagel w/peanut butter) I get harassed. And with those puppy dog "i am so sad i know you just fed me but my god man i'm dying hungry please please let me just have a lick why don't you love me any more" eyes.
I know what you mean. I usually give him the smallest bit (maybe 1/4 of a teaspoon) just to satisfy him when I make a sandwich for myself...only to sit on the couch and find Jax cuddling right next to me with his head on my lap watching me eat the PB, hoping for another taste :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone else feel like peanut butter makes their pup hyper?! I gave ours some peanut butter in his kong and I felt like he was off the walls hyper that day. I know he's a puppy, he's usually pretty hyper BUT it seemed worse that day. He was more crazy than usual, let's put it that way. :) haha I didn't know if it actually made th hyper or if it was in my mind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts