Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I joined this forum a while back but never formally introduced myself. I'm the owner of my 4th lab, whom I rescued from the streets. I first noticed her when a woman was walking her in front of my house. She was so cute and the second are eyes connected she started pulling towards me...I could not resist. We gooed at each other for a bit and then they went on thier way. A couple of days later they drove by and, again, when she saw me started jumping about in the back seat. Well, the next day there was a knock on the door and it was the woman with her dog. She explained she had bought the dog from a man, standing outside the 7-11, a few blocks away from us. She said her landlord had a fit and told her get rid of the dog or he'd evict her. She had 3 small chilren and said she had no choice but to let the dog go out on the street if I couldn't take her....the rest is history, I named her Kamio and she is now 2 1/2.
It was my intention to place her in a good home, as I was living the 17th and likely to be final year with the deepest bonded pet relation I'd ever known. I didn't know if I could be a good and responsible enough owner for a new pet. I only knew it was within my ability to not let this dog run free on the already overburdened stray animal populated streets.
Sad as it was, and still is, I had to put my cat to sleep later that year. And, Kamio, well she has turned out to be the best dog I've ever had, yet!!:)

Cheers, susan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not real sure how to post pics. I made an album but totally messed up the beginning process and now there is HTML code for the name of my album, lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts