Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bichon has the long hair missing on both front legs, about 1" in dia. Near the top. Two,places on his side that are bigger. I catch him licking and nibbling sometimes, like I've seen dogs do when biting at fleas. He doesn't have fleas or ticks. He does this some on the bed plus scratches at his face. He eats only Origen puppy mixed with Orijen red.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sounds like allergies of some sort to me. Your vet might be able to help you figure out whether its environmental or food related.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had him groomed yesterday the girl said she found one flea on him and tried to show me the red spot but I couldn't see it. None of the missing hair spots have red spots, just the long hair is gone. The Orijen red is supposed to be good for this type of thing.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Could be a flea allergy too. I know a dog who if she gets one flea bite she is a mess! She loses all the hair wherever she was bitten and has to wear a cone because she will bite and scratch herself until she bleeds ... and ends up with a skin infection. It is usually her tail that suffers the most. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts