Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my girl is going to the vet ASAP tomorrow as she has developed a limp in her back legs. I thought she was walking funny all week but my husband just called me stupid. So I was doing beach sprints with her this avo and now the limp is apparent. Because I work in a vet clinic and I see all these issues that dogs have I am so paranoid!! I'm like oh she has HD or hurt her cruciate blah blah blah or some issues that other dogs have had that I have dealt with. Is it just me or do other people get paranoid about their pet? Should have ignored my hubby and taken her anyway! Grr. Fingers crossed for vet tomorrow.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
I think we all get paranoid when our pups are sick/injured. My Angel LOVES giving me bloat scares by eating papertowels and drinking a ton of water, she's ended up at the vet on IV's twice due to her bad habit.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
It is absolutely normal ... especially given your occupation.

My Leeo had to go to The rainbow Bridge because he had pancreatic neucrosis and a stomach mass the size of a large baseball ... I am sure you know what that is. Now I am paranoid because I have his brother ...... I am petrified to be honest ... about everything all of them eat now.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder why I put myself through it sometimes! All the heartbreak and worry then she does something cute or learns a new trick and I forget! Thankfully no paper towels and bloat though! Sheesh abbylynn that's nasty stuff to deal with, I fully understand that paranoia especially having the brother.
I'm especially up set as I have just moved and I have NO IDEA about the quality of clinics here although I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. Finding a new vet sucks, but maybe he will give me a job hehe.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Partially torn tendon in we left hock. Not the best but still better then most. Now I have to figure out how I am going to keep her occupied for 2 months.....

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Mental stimulation and training will help, it's gonna be rough though especailly since he's very active.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Back to vet tomorrow already ugh, reaction to medication they put her on. I always get the difficult ones......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts