Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2012 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I've noticed there are a tonnn of Pappy moms&dads on here, so I was hoping to make this thread dedicated to our very special furry butterfly breed. Please post pics of all your Paps and tell us what makes them so unique, so that my fiance and I (and my two little goobers) may go googoo over your babies!!

That's Gizmo, my one year old bubba boy. The absolute light of my life. When you go to pet him, he absolutely has a lickfest with your hand. He just loves to be loved..and even more to be pampered. He'll fall asleep getting combed, bathed, blow-dried, or his nails clipped..you'd think he was at a doggie day-spa.

And that's my princess, Roxy. She's 9 weeks old, and we're still trying to figure out her quirks. She loves to cuddle..and can't sleep unless she's perfectly in the middle of my fiance and I. I need to take a better picture of her, but I just loveee her colors. Her half and half nose is adorable, and she has black spots on her back and tail base that if you move them upward, are brown underneath.. I can't wait to see what that may look like once she loses her puppy coat!

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
I just have to say your two are gorgeous! I will have to post pics of my crew in the morning. Gizmo is awesome. I love the white faced mismarks. :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
As soon as I saw this title, I knew Laurelin would be happy! :)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
As soon as I saw this title, I knew Laurelin would be happy! :)
Naturally:D When you think of papillions, you think of Laurelin.
Cute dogs, btw.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Naturally When you think of papillions, you think of Laurelin.
Cute dogs, btw.
Are you guys saying I'm obsessed? lol

Here are my four:

Summer is the oldest, she's 5 and a hyperactive slightly ocd little dog. She's crazy but so cool though and she's my best friend. We do agility together, which has been a learning experience for both of us. She's my heart even though I've only had her a year. We're inseparable.

That's Beau, the first papillon I've ever owned. He's nearly 5 and just a goofball. He has the weirdest sense of humor (he delights in putting things on his head then walking into walls). He's very intuitive and very bright and knows way way too many words and full sentences. I swear he understands too much. He's single handedly caused many of my friends to get papillons. Beau's quite the charmer and probably the 'best' all around dog I've had. He made me fall for this breed. He was also my first show dog and finished up his championship in just a few shows. He's retired now.

This is Rose, Beau's half sister. She just turned 4. We got her after she was returned to her breeder. Her first home was a bad situation and she still has some issues from that. She's quite shy but once she warms up to you, she's the sweetest thing. She is just an angel, full of love. She has the split nose too, half her whiskers are white and the other half are black.

And then we have Bernard aka the Nard. Nard is 13 months. He is a terror (that's putting it nicely) but he's finally settling down. He has the shortest attention span of any dog I've had and he lives to play fetch and chew up everything. He makes up for it by being very sweet and adorable. He's always making me laugh because he's SO serious about everything. He's very quiet but when he makes noise he doesn't bark, he makes a monkey chattering sound or he bays like a hound dog.

They're really the best dogs and such CHARACTERS. I will always have at least one for sure. Hopefully the other pap people will post pics of theirs too.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Here's my Bindi...

When she was about 5 months...

1 year later...

I don't have any recent ones on this computer, but I'll tyr to get them up soon.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
They're all so cute! Paps are one of the only small breeds I ever see myself owning.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here's my baby "REMY" born this past November. Sorry poor quality on the pic with him licking my daughters toes but she took the shot. Haven't loaded more since we just got a new computer. He is the sweetest dog I have ever had. So very loving. Honestly if my husband would let me I would have a lot more of these dogs. :D

Recent

[/IMG]

baby pics

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some more of Gizmo and Roxy. I really need to bust out the camera and take some better ones.. Keep the pics coming, guys!!! This is my absolute favorite!!

My little G-boy.

Roxy, and all her cute fluffiness.

Peek-a-boo.

5 more minutes, mama?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

I've got my Radar ears on, mama! I won't let anybody getcha!

Last but not least, Gizmo's puppy pic.

By the way, Laurelin, your pappy's are lovely little posers..and what awesome fringe on all of them!!

Reverend, Bindi is PRECIOUS!! Hold onto her tight, I think I am going to come puppynap! LOL..

Ohhh, Remy!! You are next!! I want a black and white pap next, and your ears are just big and lovely!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Oh, I love the paps!! Thanks for starting this thread!! I don't get much time to pop in alot here. But glad this thread caught my eye!! What precious paps you have!! I myself will be getting a new baby soon!! Lauren, can you believe it!? Finally!!!!

Here is my Willie in the hosta bed, who I love to death! His sister will be named Claire. She is a mismark, with white in the ear.....isn't she is adorable? Can you tell I am so excited? LOL

Thanks again.......lets see the paps! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Oh, I love the paps!! Thanks for starting this thread!! I don't get much time to pop in alot here. But glad this thread caught my eye!! What precious paps you have!! I myself will be getting a new baby soon!! Lauren, can you believe it!? Finally!!!!

Here is my Willie in the hosta bed, who I love to death! His sister will be named Claire. She is a mismark, with white in the ear.....isn't she is adorable? Can you tell I am so excited? LOL

Thanks again.......lets see the paps! :)
Congrats!!! She's ADORABLE.

By the way, Laurelin, your pappy's are lovely little posers..and what awesome fringe on all of them!!
Thanks! Beau has had all his chewed off by Bernard lately. He used to have a ton more. Here he was a year ago.

I've found puppies have a tendency to pull fringe off.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've found puppies have a tendency to pull fringe off.
Really? Gizmo doesn't seem to have much, but his is developing, slowly but surely. We took him to the groomer to have a sanitary belly shave and pants trim a couple months ago (I do most of the grooming in between, here..) and they trimmed his fringe against everything I said.. which made me absolutely livid! But yesterday we were admiring his fringe, and talking about what his ears looked like as a puppy, and how we couldn't actually believe that they got even bigger then what they were..lol..

But yeah, I hope Roxy doesn't pull his out..lol..Maybe it's short enough that it won't happen..

·
Registered
610 Posts
they trimmed his fringe against everything I said.. which made me absolutely livid!
Why do they do that?? It happened to me ONCE! I took Willie to this foo foo dog store here that a couple people raved about just to see how he did with someone else bathing him and trimming his feet......the gal kept asking over and over....sure you don't want me to trim the ears, or get the DEAD ENDS off??:eek:......I kept saying NO.....sure enough, they did it anyway and they were uneven!!:eek:.....Never went back.....

Thanks Laurelin!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Holly
This picture is about 6 months old, and it was right after a bath (she's still wet but you can't really tell), we were doing to brushing phase of bathtime.

Her first birthday, a year ago, (looking a little rough because she had to have a bone removed from her intestinal tract)

Last week on her second birthday... laying in the dirt ewww (it's getting hot!).

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Here are some of my paps' antics:

1 - 20 of 2012 Posts