Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
My little pattycake has always ben super fussy with food and at one year weighed 3 lbs while her brother weighed six. I started them on Now which is a grain free food and she loves it.She now weighs four and one half pounds and begs to be fed. lol

·
Banned
3,440 Posts
Yeah I knew about the retained teeth issue. Thanks.

As far as giving her treats... I'd make sure you give them in her dish rather than by hand. Just drop them in her bowl/plate. Make sure you avoid hand feeding her as much as possible.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
My little pattycake has always ben super fussy with food and at one year weighed 3 lbs while her brother weighed six. I started them on Now which is a grain free food and she loves it.She now weighs four and one half pounds and begs to be fed. lol
I've found Nia likes grain free food more as well. At least more than she ever liked Royal Canin and Innova.

But I remember Laurelin saying her Paps didn't do too great (cept for Summer) on grain free so I guess it really depends on the dog.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Mine like to eat grain free, but it just doesn't agree with Beau, Rose, and Nard's stomachs. Summer does great on it and Mia's never tried it before.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well after he refused to eat his food again this morning I thought I'll have to try him on wet food and risk the whiffy breathe and loose poop because obviously the most important thing is that he eats.

I got several can of Butchers Puppy, I gave him the beef and tripe and he ate the lot, it took him a little while to get going but then he really got stuck into it, he certainly seemed to enjoy it :) and on the plus side his breathe didn't smell at all, he hasn't had a poop yet so we'll have to see if it's made any difference there, but I'm just happy that I seem to have found something he likes. It's early days and he may decide he doesn't want that a few days down the line, but for today he eat it :)

He also seemed to have more energy this evening, although that maybe a coincidence.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts