Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have aquired a new puppy today after so many years of not having a dog. I'm rusty when it comes to paper training her. She is an 8 week old Malti-poo named Penny.

How long does it take to Paper Train a puppy?

Should we house her in the area where her Wee Wee pads are placed until she has mastered the ART of Paper Training?

I know of the schedule to put her on...After naps, waking up after sleep, after eating...anything else?

How long before she is able to control her bowels?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Paper training is tough and can make it more difficult to transition a dog to pottying outside. Sometimes, however, it's unavoidable.

Here's an article I wrote about housebreaking dogs that soil their crates using a crate training/paper training hybrid: http://dogstaracademy.wordpress.com/2008/05/06/crate-soilin/

The best set of instructions *I* know of for housebreaking are in Richard Wolter's book "Family Dog" which originally came out in the 1970s.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. I'm hoping I can do this she is using the wee wee pads but every now and then she tinkles on the floor in the kitchen or living room. But I'm going to to my best to make sure she learns how to use the wee pads. Patience, Patience, Patience is the key. I'm exercising that everyday LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts