Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rescue dog was diagnosed with panuveitis in both eyes. However, it's worse in the left one and retinal detachment had begun. Fritz came to me from a rescue organization that got him from a mill. I had originally posted on his fears once he got to my home and of course now knowing there are vision problems isn't helping the little guy. But after 3 weeks or so, he's really adjusting nicely. He responds positively to me and wags his little stub. The sofa is his safe haven but gets off it to eat and drink (finally drinking from a bowl). Has been only drinking from my cupped hand the first 2 weeks. The optometrist (vet) has him on 3 medications and eye drops 3 times a day. He has been on this regimen for 5 days so far and I can't tell if he's seeing any better. (he might be relying on sound and smell and i mistake it for looking at me). Anyway my question is....does anyone have or had experience with this disease? He has a vet appointment next week and the doctor thinks he'll recover nicely, if not 100%, a good portion of his sight will return. But I'm just wondering if I should be seeing any improvement in the short period he's been on meds. He's a 3-4 year old schnauzer mix and has wormed his way into my heart in such a short period. I've never had to care for a blind dog and a little frightened on how to keep him safe and happy. Any info would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts