Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paisley is a year old today! That was the fastest puppy stage ever, she grew up way too fast for me! I think we really got lucky with this little dog, she turned out to be a really great girl. She is very smart and has a lot of drive. I'm hoping to take some agility classes with her this summer, I think she will be perfect for it. I'm really not usually a fan of little dogs like her especially after working for a groomer. Most of the dogs that came in were just awful to work with but I'm really proud of Paisley. She's so easy to groom, bathe, trim nails or anything else you do to her. She's great with other dogs and people. She's just a really fun dog.

But how did this

Turn into this in just one year?

More puppy pictures because she was just too cute to not show (10 weeks)

Her and Panda were buddies from the start. They still love playing but now the tables have turned and Paisley is the one that gets too rough instead of the cat.

Her and Boomer, he tolerated her so well back when she was a cute little fluff ball

A little older (around 4 months)

5 months old when Banjo came home. They had a blast playing. they were about the same size when he was just 9 weeks old.

6 or 7 months old. She made some friends when she came to work with me. She was funny and would only play with the yorkies. All the other dogs she completely ignored.

*More coming*

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't have any good in between pictures when her coat was changing but she was half grey half black before she got trimmed and looked very strange.

After her first hair cut at 10 months old

Cone of shame after getting spayed

The rest were taken today, she's getting very fluffy again

She still has the yorkie hair on her tail. This picture makes her legs look really short but she is actually a lot leggier than I expected her to be

We had a photoshoot today. I wanted to get a picture of Preston and Paisley together and I surprisingly succeeded! Neither of them are generally very photogenic. I think a couple of these are frame worthy though!

Paisley got a lot bigger than we had thought and got a bit bigger than Preston

This picture just fits these two perfectly

Preston was miserable outside so I had to go get his sweater to continue our little photo shoot

*Couple more of Preston coming*

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am never able to get good pictures of Preston but he was cooperating much better today so I took advantage of it. He's not all miserable looking like he normally looks in pictures.

And one of my girl, Sophie. I don't take enough pictures of her.

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Awwwwe ... Happy Birthday Paisley! :) Preston is a little cutie as well. Have a nice B-Day! :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
She is adorable. I have no idea why her coat changed so dramatically. I am interested in hearing what some of the knowledgable people around here think about that.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She is adorable. I have no idea why her coat changed so dramatically. I am interested in hearing what some of the knowledgable people around here think about that.
We are assuming she has yorkie in her and that is why her coat changed. I had a feeling it would change but I've never had yorkies so I didn't know how quickly or how much it would change. She is much lighter than I thought she would get though. I thought her black would gradually fade to grey and her tan would stay but her tan has almost turned white now too. She's really pretty but I had hoped she would keep her puppy color!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are posts disappearing or am I just going crazy? I went to reply to someone and it wouldn't load and then their post was gone..

But to answer that person yes we think she is a yorkie/shih tzu mix. Her and her brother had been abandoned at a vet clinic as puppies so we really don't know much about where she came from.

And as for keeping the hair out of their faces, I trim the area around the corner of their eyes to help with the tear stains and eye crusties. And I also trim like a half circle shape from above the outside corner of each eye to keep the bangs out of their face. And then I take thinning shears to the top of their head to tame the fluffiness. I'm not as good at doing Preston for some reason, he always looks choppy when I'm done. And I don't really recommend trimming your dogs yourself because a lot of dogs are very squirmy and its easy to poke an eye with sharp scissors. I had to work a lot with these two to get them to stand like statues for me and I have worked for a dog groomer who taught me how to trim then safely.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Haha, wasn't me, was it? I deleted my post, felt I'd sorta hijacked the conversation by talking about Ziggy & didn't want to do that.

Paisley is just too adorable, but I can understand your not wanting her to change too much from her puppy colors. I love these crosses, its like we get a surprise every now & then with the color changes...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha I didn't think you were hijacking :)!

Yeah I loved her color as a puppy and I thought I wouldn't like her color when she first started turning grey but it really turned out pretty I think. I'd still rather her be her old color but that's ok lol. I thought she would be more like those yorkies in one of the pictures above but she's a lot lighter. Preston actually changed color on us too and that wasn't expected! He's a pekenese, maltese, poodle mix and was mostly red as a puppy but he turned solid white except for the grey on his ears and when his coat is grown out he has a little bit like a dirty white color on his back. I'd never really heard of dogs changing color so much and then I ended up with two surprises!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Haha I didn't think you were hijacking :)!

Yeah I loved her color as a puppy and I thought I wouldn't like her color when she first started turning grey but it really turned out pretty I think. I'd still rather her be her old color but that's ok lol. I thought she would be more like those yorkies in one of the pictures above but she's a lot lighter. Preston actually changed color on us too and that wasn't expected! He's a pekenese, maltese, poodle mix and was mostly red as a puppy but he turned solid white except for the grey on his ears and when his coat is grown out he has a little bit like a dirty white color on his back. I'd never really heard of dogs changing color so much and then I ended up with two surprises!
I was about to ask if Preston is a maltese. He's sooooo precious, I love his face! He definitely makes me want a small dog, though, I am already partial to malteses since my ex had one, and Preston looks quite a bit like one. Happy birthday to Paisley. She turned into a beautiful girl, but what a drastic change eh? What breeds are Boomer and Banjo? Boomer looks like an Aussie to me. Gorgeous dogs, anyway :D

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was about to ask if Preston is a maltese. He's sooooo precious, I love his face! He definitely makes me want a small dog, though, I am already partial to malteses since my ex had one, and Preston looks quite a bit like one. Happy birthday to Paisley. She turned into a beautiful girl, but what a drastic change eh? What breeds are Boomer and Banjo? Boomer looks like an Aussie to me. Gorgeous dogs, anyway :D

Thanks! I'm glad you like Preston, he tends to get overlooked when he's with the other dogs I think. He's a pretty good little dog, but I admit it took about 10 years to get that way lol. He hasn't been the easiest dog to have, I don't think a single person in our family hasn't been bit by that little guy at least once over the years. But I love him to death despite his issues :) He does look a lot like a maltese but he's a little bigger than most, he weighs about 12 lbs and is a very solid built dog unlike maltese. He's actually called an ocherese, but they aren't a breed. We fell for the designer dog byb thing back then which probably has a lot to do with his temperament. Boomer is an aussie and Banjo is my sisters Irish Setter puppy.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks! I'm glad you like Preston, he tends to get overlooked when he's with the other dogs I think. He's a pretty good little dog, but I admit it took about 10 years to get that way lol. He hasn't been the easiest dog to have, I don't think a single person in our family hasn't been bit by that little guy at least once over the years. But I love him to death despite his issues :) He does look a lot like a maltese but he's a little bigger than most, he weighs about 12 lbs and is a very solid built dog unlike maltese. He's actually called an ocherese, but they aren't a breed. We fell for the designer dog byb thing back then which probably has a lot to do with his temperament. Boomer is an aussie and Banjo is my sisters Irish Setter puppy.
Oh boy, my mom would be jealous! She adores Irish setters :D Well, I am not sure where my ex's family bought their maltese from, but he had a sturdy build too. He was definitely not a fragile dog. Anyways, the important thing is that you are aware of the whole designer dog byb thing and he has a good home with you :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts