Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an 8 month old puppy who is training as a anxiety service dog for my daughter. In the last 2 months we have allowed him to sleep with my daughter at night to encourage their bond. He sleeps with his dog pillow on the end of her bed. Last night, he tore his pillow to pieces during the night. I don't know what to do. I am uncertain about let him sleep with my daughter now because I can't have him destroying her bedding.

·
Super Moderator
3,829 Posts
It's not that unusual for an 8 month old to destroy things. You could try crating him or placing him in a pen in her room so he can't access destroyable things. It is not a permanent solution, but it will work until he is mature enough to not tear things to pieces.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Lillith's advice to crate or otherwise contain him is good. Also, keep in mind that a lot of times, something like that starts out as "Hmm... I'm bored... Hey, the corner of this thing is sticking up. What would happen if I nibbled on it? Oh, it came apart a little bit.... I wonder what would happen if I gave it a good pull? Hey, that was kind of fun. How about an even harder pull? Cool! How about if I give it a good shaking?! Wow, that was FUN! Uh.... oops....... ". My GSD could not have any bedding in her crate as a puppy because she would tear it up.

Reactions: 3GSD4IPO
1 - 3 of 3 Posts