Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a while since I drowned the forum in pics, so I'll try to make up for it here, lol.

Birthdays

Kim turned two earlier this month. I tried to tell her this meant she's an adult now, but she just grinned her toothy grin and ran off to trounce Webster. She may be an adult, but I don't expect maturity any time soon, lol. She did get present though...duck for dinner and a tug-a-jug toy, which by day two she could empty in under 2 minutes. She can't unscrew it like the kibble ball though, so that's a plus. Hard to believe she's already two...

Titling

The dogs finally made their trialing debut last month...we're starting with rally to get them used to the ring. They've been to two trials now, and have both went 8/8 on Q's to earn their RL2 title (Rally Level 2) and 2/3 legs of their RL3 as well as Awards of Excellence on all completed levels.

They have more Rally next month, and will make their Obedience ring debuts in May.

Also, Webster finally had a chance to take his CGC and passed, so we're going to start moving toward some therapy dog work for him.

Very proud of all they have accomplished...they are great dogs with whom to work. In case you want a feel for what Rally is about, here's a vid each of one of their Level 3A runs...this was the first time they or I had ever done level 3, and only our second trial ever, so please forgive the sloppiness. Those of you who know what Kim was like as a puppy, and Webster when he came to live with us...well we've come a long way lol.

Grand Adventures

The pooches and I had the chance to go visit family last week, so of course we took it. Four dogs in the house, including my parents' dog and my sister's dog, was a bit crazy, but we made it work...both dogs already knew my sister's Ry, but Mom's Maggy was different story...

Ry, sad because my sister wasn't home (total mama's dog):

Tried to get a pic of the three Littles, but the puppy's stay was um...sketchy. Webster made that face each time she broke position lol

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Many adventures to be had in the Flatitude of the Midwest, lol...

Lots of smells:

Presents for me (oh how nice!)

Kim treed a Kitty:

Okay to be honest I rigged the above pic, lol. You'll notice Kim isn't looking at the cat at all...the cat was already in the tree when we walked by, so I wedged a treat into the bark for the pic...

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"I see him! How did he get over there?"

Kim goes to get Webster...Webster decides to take his chances with a leap:

And of course had to shake right next to me, lol:

The kids:

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Kim, by virtue of having earned her recall stripes, got to go on several long hikes as well, just the two of us...several miles of fields, creeks, and woods.

"Hurry! Let's go!"

Common milkweed:

The river's barely a river yet this year:

Checking it out...and of course her worst recall of the day WOULD be when I am taking a vid, lol:

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
"ACK! What the heck is THAT!?!?"
(Me: What in the world scared her?)

"OMG I think it moved!"
(Me: Oh please tell me she's not afraid of that rock)

"Mom! Run! You're in terrible danger! ...Or better yet...SAVE ME!"
(Me: I'm going to tell Webster you were scared of a rock...)

"You wouldn't! Oh you would...okay, fine! Watch this!"

*more*

·
Registered
640 Posts
They are BEAUTIFUL!!! Love all the photos... TFS!

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
"Stealth dog...it can't see me cuz I'm so...stealthy...yeah..."
(Me: *Rolls eyes*)

"I can do this....I can do this..."
(Me: Your courage is inspiring. Truly.)

"I did it! Woo-hooooooooooo! Yeahhhhhhhhhhh!"

"*Ahem* Okay people! Coast is clear! All in a day's work, you know. Thank you, thank you, I'm here til Thursday!"
(Me: Good grief...)

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally we got to move past the rock...

Tearing it up:

Fishing:

Checking out the countryside:

Posing:

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

This is what I saw for most of the hike...and no, I do not feel threatened because my dog dared walk before me, lol.

On the trail of...something...

You might think she's digging here, but no. In reality she was racing up the bank, tripped, and happened to face-plant into the bank right as I took the picture, lol

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Checking out a side creek:

"I wanna go in there!"
(Yeah yeah okay go ahead)

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another side creek...one we followed

Found a way across for me...Kim had to take the wet route (not that it bothered her)

Dog or Deer?

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And since the poor guy has been left out...

Web wondering why (a very wet and muddy) Kim was tied outside the window to dry:

"Do we have to leave? Really?"

"Fiiiiiiiiiiiine"

So now you are all so sick of pictures you won't want to see them again for a while, lol :p

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Now that was alot of fun even for me!

My absolute favorite pic is the one with Webby in the car heading home..He is such a cutie.

And Kim was putting on a front for you with that rock..that brave girl aint scared of anything!!

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Happy Belated Birthday to Kim!! And congrats to Web on his CGC!!

Loved all the pictures and vids! Looks like they had a blast visiting the family. :)

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Shaina those videos were fabulous, excellent job!! You must be so proud of them :D I love that you rigged Kims treeing a kitty photo LMAO

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Shaina what a great thread!!! Belated Birthday Wishes to Kim and Congrats to both Kim and Web on their recent achievements. Oh, and to you to of course for preparing them :D

The pictures are awesome and I roared at the video of Kim vs Rock. That was hysterical.

Thanks for sharing. Don't wait so long for the next one okay???

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Those are the best!!! I love the videos of Kim and Webster doing Rally. They are GREAT!!! Can you give treats during the run? It seemed like you did, but I wasn't sure. Happy Birthday to Kim too! :)

I love all the pictures. It looks like a doggy paradise. Running and mud... How good can it get? Love the cat in the tree picture too. lol

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Happy Birthday Kim! (belated :)) Congrats to WEb on his CGC and to both of them for their Rally achievements!!! That's awesome. I LOVED the walk with Kim...and dern that Rock!

My favorite is the picture of Web waiting in the car to go home. Those ears are just too much. He's really cute! Kim is a beauty as always.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Wow, great photos, looks like that was a blast! Fantastic videos of the rally, too! Very impressive!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts