Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. . . and 2 of the 3 grand-dogs are visiting. It's a Kodak moment!

Zeke, my daughter's mini schnauzer:

Dante, who will be one tomorrow. He might be chow/shepherd, but it's really anybody's guess. He's one of the best-natured dogs I've ever known. (He has to be to live with Zeke.)

Molly has perfected the worried-browe lab-look, but those yellow eyes still look right through you.

·
Super Moderator
11,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Molly loves these visits from Zeke and Dante almost as much as I do.

Dante and Zeke act like siblings, but they are inseperable.

Easther thinks there might be a tweety bird up in the cedar bushes.

·
Super Moderator
11,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And some from last summer to remind me that summer may come again.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Great pics!! I like Dante's expression, what a sweet face. :)

OH, I love that last one.. Esther is totally smiling and Molly is like "give me that ball!!" haha

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Wow RonE, I don't know if it's the angle of the shots or what but in your 'last summer' shots, Molly looks to be as tall as Esther. Can it be?? Little puppy Molly is all grown up?

The granddogs always look like they have so much fun at grampa's house. :D

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
AWESOME PICTURES! I love the picture of Esther looking up into the Cedar bush. Looks like my Lulu. You do take wonderful pictures Ron, I wish we could see more of them. :)
Dante and Zeke look like siblings. LOL Love the Zeke's eyes. He is a handsome dog. It is so great that they all get along so well. I suspect they sleep good at night after they have played so hard together. Molly sure looks muscled up. I suppose running in the snow helps that too.

·
Super Moderator
11,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Molly will be two in June. She's nearly as tall as Esther, but Esther still has about 15-20 pounds of extra muscle.

The dogs themselves seem oblivious to their relative sizes. Before Molly and Dante arrived, Esther and Zeke (75# vs 17#) would rough-house for hours.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Beautiful pictures! All of them look great. Molly is gorgeous :eek: Love her eyes.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Great pics, you have some nice looking dogs and granddogs there RonE. I just love Zeke, he always sounds like he is up to mischief and I am a sucker for a beardy dog. Molly has also grown up nicely. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
I hope to have wonderful grand-dogs like yours some day! Maybe I'll get better with the digital camera by then too...

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
nice shots. the choc. lab is in nice shape. my neighbor has one and she is 80 + lbs. and gaining. he had a yellow lab before this one that passed 2 years ago and he was 125lbs and could barely walk. he just feeds and feeds and feeds and ..........well you get the idea! she is in my molly post a week or so ago. i feel for her!

·
Super Moderator
11,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe I'll get better with the digital camera by then too...
I have a confession to make.

I use a Canon 40D and a 50D with good zooms. Either camera will shoot 6.5 frames/second, up to 90 frames, so it's pretty hard to miss on the action shots.

It's not all about the gear, but it helps.

If you're shooting in the snow, remember to over-expose. The auto settings will try to make the snow neutral grey, and nobody wants that. Those snow shots were over-exposed by 2 stops and it really wasn't quite enough for most of those shots. I shoot raw (which is the next best thing to having negatives) so I can go in and make adjustments if I decide to. (These shots are straight out of the camera with no adjustments.)

A camera that makes it easy to over- or under-expose on the fly (like the Canon G10) make those situations much easier to deal with.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
OK, it's hopeless then. I only have the patience and interest for the old point and shoot types of camera. My mental shelf is too full of other stuff right now. But then again, maybe when the teenager has moved on, grown up, and brings grand-dogs...what a concept!!!

Of course, then I want to be like Laurelin and surrounded by a herd of tribbles, uh... papillons!

·
Super Moderator
11,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I never thought about grand-dogs until they happened.

I adore both my daughter's dogs and my son's one dog. The three are as different as can be and I love it when they visit.

When they go home, a small part of me is relieved but a bigger part is sad.

I expect it will be the same way if/when we have grandchildren.

Briteday, you can take amazing pictures with a simple camera. It just takes more effort. The wonderful thing about digital is you can never waste film. Any time I take out a camera, I'm almost certainly going to shoot 100 or more pictures and there might be a half-dozen real keepers.

That's a luxury that used to be pretty-much reserved to pros who had someone else paying for the film and processing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts