Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,459 Posts
Trust me,you don't want coon hounds in your home.
Esther will be surprised to hear that. I'll just explain to her that she's really more of a bear and boar hound, anyway,

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Pardon me, but those keys also apply to indoor dog ownership.
Of course :) I didn't think anyone would assume that I was implying otherwise. Just trying to note those things that separate a *responsible* outdoor dog owner from the typical negative image that comes to mind.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Mine are pretty much outdoor dogs. From about 6 months of age and onward they are out in the kennel.

However, I spend a lot of time with mine and train for and show in a variety of events. Never once has it hindered my success. And I've been told many times that my dogs are some of the best behaved dog, better than a lot of indoor pets.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Of course :) I didn't think anyone would assume that I was implying otherwise. Just trying to note those things that separate a *responsible* outdoor dog owner from the typical negative image that comes to mind.
Nekomi
I agree with your replies, it's not really a question of inside or outside. It's vegetate or not vegetate. A dog that is worked properly and proper social activities will never have a problem outside. I have, as we all have seen too many dogs that are stuck outside and spend their whole life out there with maybe an hour a day with somebody when fed/cleaned etc. I have always wondered why those owners had a dog as it made no sense to me.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts