Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. I'd really appreciate some advice here! We are currently in the process of building a house. We have a laundry room in the back of the house that we just installed a dog door in and plan to put a kennel outside of it. The entire yard will also be fenced in and locked, and the kennel will be in the back yard out of view within the locked yard and also locked with a top on it for shade etc. Trucker (my dog) will have access to the laundry room (heated) and the kennel during the day when we are not home. My fiance's father lives next door and will be in and out all day and will be able to check on him. I want to make this as safe as possible, and am looking for some advice on fencing, flooring etc. It will be probably 10ftx15ft. I'd like him to have an area to go potty, and I don't think he will do so on concrete, but was thinking to do concrete with rubber horse stall mats on the majority of it for flooring.. good idea? But I'm not sure what I could put at the end for a potty area, what type of fencing, etc. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Id recommend using horse panel. Its welded mesh with 2x4" rectangular spacing. You can get some to make your own kennel will be cheaper or you can buy a kennel like powder river or similar. This going to probably be your most secure bet.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Id recommend using horse panel. Its welded mesh with 2x4" rectangular spacing. You can get some to make your own kennel will be cheaper or you can buy a kennel like powder river or similar. This going to probably be your most secure bet.
Thank you for the reply, I will look into this. He is not an escape artist thankfully but I just want to be as safe as possible. I am also going to look into getting a webcam so I can check on him from work :)

·
Registered
11,257 Posts
Pea gravel with stall mats over half of it? Slope slightly so you can hose off the mats and have the water run away from the house into the pea gravel only section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts