Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been doing a lot of park-hopping lately. My neighborhood is extremely busy between kids playing sports and people who can't contain their dogs (I have NEVER seen so many dogs offleash in my life), so it's better for Marge to go for walks in quiet environments, where I can still train her in a populated setting but also give her a chance to relax with no one around (on small hikes and such in the wooded/beachy parts of the parks).

More

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These aren't the greatest pictures but they recount what has been an interesting weekend for Marge and I. We went to this same park on two occasions and Marge has finally decided that playing in the stream is a lot of fun. Well, I went in with her, and came out with a bloody toe. :-( So unfortunately our trip was cut short since I cut my toe on SOMETHING, so we had to walk back out of the woods so I could clean it up. Not sure whether to go back or not now.. it looked clean, I think it was maybe just a sharp rock. But I wouldn't want Marge to hurt her paw. Sadly we can't go in the ocean because Marge is still weary of the waves.

And here is a video of the fun, just before I messed up my toe:

And that's all I have for now. :)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Aw, shes so pretty! I'm trying to get Hunter used to the water as well. So far he doesn't mind sticking his toes in a low rise creek, but it's going to be an adventure getting him near the ocean on vacation (coming from a dog who stays about a mile away when the hose is on).

I hope your toe is okay! I wouldn't let it stop you from bringing your pooch there. It probably was a sharp rock, and anywhere you go you run the risk of freak accidents. :D

-Edit- sorry i got your dog's gender wrong, uck...im so tired today. HE is a SHE. *smacks self* :D

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I love seeing dogs enjoying themselves and Marge seems to be doing just that:D
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Marge is beautiful. Great pics and scenery. Bello is sometimes better alone to;)

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aw, shes so pretty! I'm trying to get Hunter used to the water as well. So far he doesn't mind sticking his toes in a low rise creek, but it's going to be an adventure getting him near the ocean on vacation (coming from a dog who stays about a mile away when the hose is on).

I hope your toe is okay! I wouldn't let it stop you from bringing your pooch there. It probably was a sharp rock, and anywhere you go you run the risk of freak accidents. :D

-Edit- sorry i got your dog's gender wrong, uck...im so tired today. HE is a SHE. *smacks self* :D
LOL That's quite alright K9.

It has taken a long time for Marge to get to this point. I think we might go back over the weekend.. this time, equipped with water shoes

I love seeing dogs enjoying themselves and Marge seems to be doing just that:D
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! She sure did enjoy herself.

Marge is beautiful. Great pics and scenery. Bello is sometimes better alone to;)
Thank you jcd! Marge does well alone. She either ignores other dogs or runs zoomies with them. So I think she's best alone.

What a beautiful dog! Thanks for the fun pictures.
Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed!

That looks like dog paradise!
I suppose it's as close as you could get.. thanks for looking!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Wow, those are really nice pictures! I don't think my pooch would mind jumping in the water either.lol. All you get around here is....well desert I guess.lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts