Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Well Rottweilers are supposed to be reserved around strangers, even wary upon a first meeting. Tysa is with certain people, but not PJ. He greets everyone like their his new best friend, very enthusiastic about getting some lovin, even from complete strangers. What can I say......he's a social butterfly. LOL
Yup, The Rottweiler breed standard reads: Calm, confident and courageous dog with a self-assured aloofness that does not lend itself to immediate and indiscriminate friendships. Rottweiler is self-confident and responds quietly and with a wait-and-see attitude to influences in his environment. He has an inherent desire to protect home and family, and is an intelligent dog of extreme hardness and adaptability with a strong willingness to work, making him especially suited as a companion, guardian and general all-purpose dog.

NOW, that described my Inga perfectly. As it also described many of my other Rotties that I have had in the past perfectly. My 2 goofballs that I currently have are socialites as well. They tend to meet people with their whole bodies wagging. I have worked so hard on socializing and may have over done it. :rolleyes:
Oliver is a bit of a chicken also, though that is because he was so severely beaten as a puppy around 3 1/2 -4 months old and had a few broken bones as a result. I can't blame him for not being real "brave" after that. Carsten can be a little too brave on occasion and doesn't always have the good sense that some of my other dogs have had. He is still young yet so I am hopeful. ;) :p

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Uh oh Inga........does this mean we have created bad examples of the breed? LMAO
Britishbandit, I will gladly except that criticism from any breed judge. :D :D

If the worst thing about my "dangerous breed" is being too friendly. I feel I have failed in my training in a very acceptable manner.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.