Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first of all, I'd like to introduce our puppy Martha. (Sorry, no picture yet)

She's a 5 month old Chihuahua / Miniature Pinscher mix. She's been with us for just less than a month. She's really playful. She's loves to be with me all the time and when I'm not, she whines, that's why I placed her cage near my bed where she can see me. Sometimes, we open the AC(aircon) and gets a bit cold.

Btw, how much should I feed her? My cousin told me to feed her twice a day.

Thank you all for the help. :whoo:

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I have always fed my pups three small meals a day until they were 6 months old and then I went to 2 times a day. Of course you just split the entire daily required amount into three's or in half......which ever you are doing. I just found that it was easier on their tummies with smaller meals and also helps to prevent bloat from consuming too much food at once.

This is just what I do. :)

I can hardly wait to see her picture! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! That'll really be useful! About the picture, here's one picture of her. I'll be posting more as soon as I can. Thanks once again!

Isn't she cute? XD

·
Registered
511 Posts
Oh she is just too cute! I agree with Abbylynn on the feeding schedule. I have a 5 month old Jack Russell Terrier and I feed her 3x a day with plans to go to 2x a day when she is 6 months old. I started making her middle meal a little smaller than the other 2 when she turned 5 months old. She gets 1/4 c in the morning, 1/8 c afternoon, and 1/4 c with tbsp canned for dinner. She weighs about 8.5 lbs and I am feeding Castor and Pollux Puppy food. When she was eating Blue Buffalo Wilderness puppy she got 1/2 c spread over 3 meals. I feed a touch more C&P because it isn't grain free and has fewer calories.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all! Sorry for not being able to reply and log on for a while, busy with school work.

Thanks for the compliments btw! She really is adorable! Gonna do the 3 times a day feeding thing.

Btw, I have another question, there is a time when she gets so playful that she starts jumping too much and runs like crazy, going back and forth. She also starts biting paper and toys of my little sister, how do i stop her? I kinda do the tsh tsh or tss tss sound that Cesar Millan does, lol. She stops for a while but goes back to doing it again!

Sorry for all these questions, I am really a beginner when it comes to puppies. Thank you once more for the help! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts