Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are getting a Siberian Husky and it was just born 2 days ago... We are very excited to watch as the puppies change from day to day. We are buying from a breeder and we get first pickings of the litter. We have been getting ready for our new addition to the family, from fencing the yard to learning all that we can about raising a husky.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
got any pictures? puppies, dam, sire? I have a friend who breeds Siberian Huskys ocassionaly, I wish you the best of luck with your puppy. Do you have any planes for the little bugger?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
How very exciting! I remember these days with Jaia. I was so excited, I felt like I had a baby! LOL

Congratulations! And yes, pictures, please!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are excited just like we had a baby. Our daughter is 5 years old and she is asking everyday when we can get the puppy. Its a fun time! We just plan on having it as a puppy and a family dog

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
You should try and get into bikejoring as a pastime. it would be great for a siberian, with all that energy they need to burn off, a couple walks a day wont do the trick.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is a neat idea never seen or heard of that before... but would that be too much just on one husky? yeah we will be doing many walks and hiking trips. Plus, playing in its big back yard with fetching and what not.

·
Registered
257 Posts
For siberian husky, you don't have to worry about them growing up other then size.
They will act like a puppy, and think they are a lap dog.
They are funny dogs.:)
Be careful, they can outsmart you.:p
Very loving dogs.
Most of them do have a lot of energy.
Our still play all day with our klee kai after a long walk or jog.
I would recommend crating. Our klee kai is still a puppy, with the crate she hasn't had much accidents in the house.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Congratulations, I'm so excited for you! Keep us updated :)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Aw! That is fun. My family used and still does breed golden retrievers and bloodhounds. I still help out. Though now the kennel isn't on my land. I have moved. I thought it was cool to see then open their eyes AND watch their ears start to look like ears instead of little paws... expecially the dogs with big changes like bloodhounds. What color are you going to get. You probably didn't get this excitment but with both bloodhounds and goldens we got to say "THE FIRST BORN LOOKS LIKE HIS MOMMY!!" Our female bloodhound was red and our male was black and tan. Our female golden was medium golden and our male was light golden.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Aw! That is fun. My family used and still does breed golden retrievers and bloodhounds. I still help out. Though now the kennel isn't on my land. I have moved. I thought it was cool to see then open their eyes AND watch their ears start to look like ears instead of little paws... expecially the dogs with big changes like bloodhounds. What color are you going to get. You probably didn't get this excitment but with both bloodhounds and goldens we got to say "THE FIRST BORN LOOKS LIKE HIS MOMMY!!" Our female bloodhound was red and our male was black and tan. Our female golden was medium golden and our male was light golden.
my guess would be that the OP is getting a black and white ;)

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm a first time Husky owner --- have my Chubby for about 6 months now -- I rescued him from a shelter --- he is still young, only 14 months old.

I can't imagine a day without him now!........he is GREAT in every way!

Congratulations & Have Fun!....:):D:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts