Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have two Poms. One the Dad is about 5 years old. Dad weighed about 12-13 pounds. He now weighs about 10. His Daughter is about 4. Both are shelter dogs adopted from two different shelters a year apart.

The Dad is having a health issue. Soon after he goes to sleep he starts to gag and then throws up.

Most of the time it is just mucus or bial. Sometimes it is un-digested food from dinner. Sometimes he throws up more than once during the night.

He is being fed Science I/D CANNED mixed with a bit of water half in the AM and half at 5 PM. He is fed several small amounts over about 30 minutes each time. Once in a while in the evening while he is sleeping on the couch he will throw up too. If the doorbell rings and he gets excited, he will throw up. He may go a day with no problems once in a while. Other than this he is normal in every way.

We also tested for a vitamin deficiency and worms. Both are ok. He has had all of the tests to a tune of $1100.00.

Our vet feels it is IBD. I am not so sure.

Our vet has tried:

Pepcid
Pepto
Mmetronidazole 250mg
Sucralfate
Metaclopramide 10mg
Famotodine 20mg
predisone 5mg
Tylan Powder
Cerenia

None of the above has made a difference. Anyone have any thoughts? Other than IBD?

Thanks! Alan [email protected]

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Since your vet and you have made a bunch of attempts at solutions, I'm going to suggest a product that I love. I came across it while trying to resolve a regurgitation issue a dog I sit for has, and now I use it with all of mine. I find the tummy troubles stay at a minimum when I use this regularly.

It is from EaglePack - Holistic Solution. It is a digestive enzyme holistic supplement for dogs (or cats). A spice bottle size costs about $10 here and you sprinkle about 1/8th teaspoon on their meals.

SOB

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Somebody on my cat forum said her cat's IBD was really improved by using Align. It's expensive (about a dollar a day for a human dose), but if it fixes the problem it's worth it.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
It's a probiotic, made for humans: http://www.aligngi.com/

I don't know what kind of dosage she used. . .maybe 1/4 of a capsule? I know she put it in his canned food.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts