Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We brought this sweet girl home a week ago. We are her fourth family (including the foster family) in her short 6 month life :/ She's a real sweetheart and we're so happy she's joined us! Loki may still be on the fence about the whole thing though. She looks Dane, but we aren't sure if it's full Dane or not - time will tell :)

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
OMG adorable!! She looks like a Dane mix but a high percentage of GD.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
She is gorgeous! :D I agree she looks a high percentage of Dane.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Jenn, she is absolutely Precious!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on the new addition.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
What a sweetie! I love her colouring!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi, I don't see Dane at all, she looks catahoula to me.
Interesting :) I admit, I know nothing about Catahoula's.. how big do they normally get? Right now, she's 6 months and 82 lbs :) From my quick google search, it seems to indicate she would only have another 8 lbs to go before she reached a normal max weight? What's your experience like?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't know alot about danes but 82 lbs at 6 mos does sound big, catahoula X dane maybe.
You should check her paws see if the webbing goes all the way to the ends of her toes.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Catahoulas are lovely, high-energy working dogs. I wonder if she is a Catahoula/GD cross...? That would explain the looks AND the size.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I know nothing about Catahoulas so am curious to know, Besides the coloring what is it that makes you think Catahoula??? Cause, just for information purposes, (No insult intended) Danes do come in a variety of Merle color patterns.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Google "Harlequin Dane Images" .....

Sorry ... I tried to copy and paste some images ... and my computer is being a brat!!! Lol! :D

Your pup could me a mix of both Catahoula and Dane .... you never know?

·
Registered
42 Posts
What a beautiful girl! She is precious and looks very happy with her new home!! Congrats!

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
I am no expert, but her features look more delicate than a pure-bred GD. And the goofy grin and bright eyes she has remind me of all of the catahoulas I know.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am no expert, but her features look more delicate than a pure-bred GD. And the goofy grin and bright eyes she has remind me of all of the catahoulas I know.
Interesting! :) She could very well be a mix, but Danes definitely come in her colouring. I will have to check her feet tonight once I'm home - I'm curious now! My guess is that she's a purebred Dane, but a poorly bred one at that (not surprising given all the horrible breeders and puppy mills in this province ) and therefore she probably won't get as a big as a well bred Dane, but time will tell.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts