Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just because she is spayed and fitted with a tracker, our neighbour thinks it's okay to let his dog roam around the neighborhood. I don't think that just because your dog won't get lost or get puppies is a good reason to let your dog run around like that and make a pest of herself. The fat dog will go in other peoples yard and eat their dogs food, The worst thing is the dog is super strong and always manages to bite through fences. Recently she started coming into our yard by making holes through the fence we recently put up. Actually, she's already ruined it in certain places.
Blizzard isn't a roamer but if their is no one around and there are big holes in the fences, he'll tend to wander of. The other day he came home with a neighbours chicken. I marched over to the irratating dogs owner and told him to please keep his dog in their yard in future. He said he would but still doesn't bother closing the garden gate.
I Don't understand how some people could be so careless. I mean the dog could get knocked over or cause a lot of damage in someone elses garden. But her owners don't seem to be bothered........

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Reprt it to the SPCA, I know they have a pretty good program in S Africa and it's illegal to allow an animal to roam there as well. Perhaps if she gets hit a few times with a fine for an 'at large dog', she'll see the light.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are right, I think I will report to the SPCA. But first I'll warn the dogs owner so if he really cares he'll take more care of his dog.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
You are right, I think I will report to the SPCA. But first I'll warn the dogs owner so if he really cares he'll take more care of his dog.

If you see the dog out again, don't think, just report it. And report it each and every time otherwise the owner will think you're just bluffing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts