Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Honestly your dog should not have been vaccinated ANYWAY during time of figuring out seizures, or any kind of illness. Vaccinations are for healthy animals ONLY and it even says that on the label. Personally, I only do puppy series, an adult booster and then titer after that. Our dogs don't need a vaccine every year. I would never even consider a vet that would not allow the proven 3 year vaccine. But to each their own of course. :) Vaccines are being more and more proven to be effective much longer than was previously considered. Your dog was more than likely protected and you should not feel the least bit guilty.

You did nothing wrong. You can preemptively tell them that your dog was battling epilepsy and the vets clearly weren't worried about vaccines during that time. It may or may not hurt your chances with the rescue. It's unfortunate but if they are really that picky I wouldn't want to adopt a dog from them. I mean.. I know people who get dogs vaccinated every year but they eat the crappiest food in the world, are loaded with fleas and never leave the house except to go to the vet for those vaccines. You can only be honest and give them the info they require. :/

1 - 1 of 1 Posts