Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen the miracle that a dog's love can be for people suffering depression and anxiety.

We have a rescued Pit Bull mix named Corky. He sleeps next to my husband and I every night. Over the holidays our bright and beautiful teenaged daughter took an intentional overdose of over-the-counter pain killers because of the rejection of a boy she is in love with. I thank God that she is alive. I also thank God for Corky. He chooses to sleeps with her now. Last night she told me she struggles every day not to hurt herself, but she could never leave Corky behind. He is the boy she is in love with now and Corky will never reject her.

Do you have a story to share, too?

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
When my husband was diagnosed with MS, those were dark days for us both. He was struggling with having a chronic, possibly crippling disease at such a young age, and I was struggling to keep on a happy face and keep everything running. Muggsy was a rock for us both, the innocent sunshine unaffected by human turmoil. Dogs don't care if you have a good job or no job. Dogs don't care if you're poor or rich, sick or healthy, fat or thin. They just want love and maybe a good game of tug. Having that in our lives at that time was such a sanity saver. I could never thank him enough.

·
Registered
394 Posts
All I know is that I'm blessed every day for my dogs. I love them so much just thinking about them can make me cry with gratitude.

Sasha1/2, I'm so sorry about the situation with your daughter, I can't imagine how difficult that was and continues to be for you and your family. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts