Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend was over today and view my new adopted pup for the first time. She said it was part pitbull, but thats not really what I see. She was written down as a terrier mix (saved from a kill shelter in Oklahoma). She is about 4 months. I guess what I see is maybe jack russell and a breed that has a curly tail. I assumed Basenji because of her "bark", she hardly ever makes a peep unless its whining, or a howl/whining sound. She has attempted to bark, but it sounds very odd. At times her ears also seem to want to stand up too. What do you think? Some are from 4 weeks ago, one is recent.
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Pit bulls are terriers :D. And are frequently called "terrier mixes" by shelters.

Anyway, it's really hard to tell with such a young pup. She does look a lot like a JRT. I don't really see any Basenji, but that sure is a curly tail! Some of the commonly docked breeds have curly tails when not docked, though.

How much does she weigh?

·
Registered
11,352 Posts
I could see American Pit Bull Terrier maybe but also something else- her fur looks a little thick for a pit in the second photo and I haven't seen a pit with a really curled tail (but that isn't saying it can't happen).

She is adorable and that 3rd photo is totally cute with the big eyes. In a few months when she's a bit more grown, better breed guesses might be possible.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I can see some APBT (As others have said, Pits are terriers) and maybe some JRT. 100% cute though!

·
Registered
109 Posts
OMG, that last picture is so adorable. That dog would be spoiled rotten in my house. All it has to do is look up at you with those big eyes and it would be over.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
What a beautiful little puppy! The Yorkie is a cutie too! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OH YES, 120% loved very much! And her eyes are what gets her out of a lot of puppy trouble. I was just curious. I have seen a little bit of a curl in other long-tailed dog breeds, but nothing like this, it looks a lot like my sisters shiba inu. Her coat is also what I noticed too, its thicker and longer. (But shes my baby girl ^-^ Her older sister snuck in on that last photo)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts