Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Looking for help and guidance….
My beloved 6 year old cane corso was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in the front right leg. There is no visible signs that it has spread to lungs. She is 144lbs and has some arthritis in the rest of her legs. I’m deeply concerned that the weight of the remaining legs will absorb after amputation plus the recovery from amputation is all in vein. Given the amount of life, I was told to expect after chemo. I broke my back 2 years ago which Italia helped immensely in an emotional way to get through the trauma. I’m physically unable to carry her up and down stairs. As it stands right now, I still try. My heart is broken, what would be the best option for her not to suffer? The physical procedures and quite frankly the financial cost, all for a few months that are not even guaranteed. Help guys! What do I do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update…. I decided to amputate the leg, to squeeze more life with my dog. It was not noticeable in her lungs, her joint and ligaments showed they were able to sustain that extra load once the leg was off, through multiple X-ray. Now we are adjusting to life as a trip-pawd. here is a short video.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts