Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! First time on here and just wanted to share!

Well, my fiancee and I recently got a new puppy. He is now about 4.5 months old and a joy. He is half Rottweiler and half Labrador (hence Rottador) and we named him after my favorite St. Louis Blues hockey player. Dorky, I know, but I wanted a tough name like Bowser or Brutus. She wanted a "cute" name like Max or Cody. All good names, but we couldn't agree so I jokingly said, "What about Oshie?" (after TJ Oshie) and she loved it!

Oshie definitely exhibits the attributes of both breeds he possesses. From the Labrador, he shows the love of swimming, retrieving and loyalty to family (at this stage of his life, almost seperation anxiety). He also loves tearing up any tissues or rugs we happen to leave out. He also is very good with kids and other dogs although he loves to jump up on other dogs and is extremely excitable. On the other end of the spectrum he has the Rottweiler tendencies, too. He is so stubborn and hilariously tries to herd children at times. He isn't a cuddle type either and likes to be near, but not cuddling with us. He has the Rottweiler markings, but the body of a Lab and garners a ton of attention at parks and pet stores.

So without further ado, here is Oshie! (these are all when he was about 2-3 months old):

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
What a little bundle of cuteness. :) I see he got the Rottweiler independence and intelligence as well. Why wait for snacks when there are some so easily available? ;) I like his name. :) ;)

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Let's see, my big brother lives in St Louis, so I think I need to send him to your house to dog nap...I mean visit Oshie...:cool: Like the name even tho I have no idea who he's named after...:eek: but it seems to fit him. Now you just need to take new pictures of him so that when big brother stops by to say hello, he'll know which dog to take...er, uh, I mean pet. :D

·
Registered
554 Posts
He's gong to be a really good-looking dog when he gets older! Right now he's just cute. ;)

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I want that puppy! However, I think a Rottador puppy would be more fun than I could stand. I'm not sure I can even wrap my head around the concept.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Omg he looks just like Sasha.She is a rotti heeler cross, would that be a rottler?.I love that rottie color, your pup is a cutie.Ours has a bigger patch of white on her chest but has the same tannish color to her ears and basic same coloring.She is 13 weeks old.
She is a mess too.I love that second picture, looks just like he is laughing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah he does look like he is laughing. It's probably my favorite of him so far. I'll post more pics now that he's around 5 months old and SO big now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dog's name is Oshie too! In fact, I'm finding out that a lot of Blues fans are naming their pets Oshie.
I am a reporter with the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and am writing a column about this phenomenon. I'd like to interview you.
You can contact me at 636-255-7207 or e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Susan Weich

·
Registered
431 Posts
Oh, how cute. I love the "makeup" on the eybrows. Well that's what I call it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Rattoador wow.. Little oshie is so cute

1 - 16 of 16 Posts