Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought Oscar to the groomers to be bathed and shaved. Poor guy was so matted and he could barely move his little legs and neck. It was heartbreaking. :mad: I don't know how his previous owner could have allowed that to happen. Anyways.. after he was done (took 2 hours) I went and picked him up. He looked so cute and oh so happy to see me. Not just his tail was shaking but his ENTIRE back side. CUTEST THING EVER!! :clap2::) Well she didn't do his face because he wouldn't let her. So I am walking him home and he is taking exaggerated steps and tail going like crazy! it was so cute. Got him home and he was running all over the place. Such a happy guy.
However the face was still a problem so I called the groomer and asked what could be done. She said if I brought him to the vet soon (appointment made) to ask for a sedative for him and then bring him back. She would finish his face for free.

Well 2 days ago now while he was sound asleep I decided to try for his face. I managed to get the one HUGE matt out. It was the size of my hand. Bigger actually. It took me 2 hours to get it out. All that's left is 2 small hanging matts. one under his chin and one on his right cheek.

I took him for a walk today and an elderly lady at a retirement residence around the corner commented on how gorgeous he is. Oscar gave a soft little bark and strutted off. Literally with his chest sticking out! So cute. And as it turns out Oscar isn't deaf like we were originally told. The groomer had cleaned his ears and there was a big buildup. He has an appointment with the vet tomorrow morning so I will be asking how to clean his ears and tears properly.

·
Registered
113 Posts
But hey, it's good you got him cleaned up!! That must have been some massive build-up in his ears if it was so bad it made him deaf. That's sad.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Awwwe............what a wonderful story.....happy little guy with a new outlook on life! :) I would love to see pics sometime too!

Glad he found you! :)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
What a wonderful story! It sounds like he has a wonderful new home with an owner that loves him. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts