Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
After a month's-long roller-coaster ride of Orijen, nightime diarrhea, banning and reintroducing and banning rawhide, eliminating Orijen, boiled chicken & rice and then slowly reintroducing Orijen, I've concluded that my 6-mth-old pup simply can't tolerate Orijen. He's been doing great for the past couple weeks on chicken, rice, egg, and yoghurt and then 1/2 cup/day of Orijen (after he stabilized) but as soon as I increased to 2/3 cup (day before yesterday), his poops immediately went to pudding.

I'm thinking the Orijen is simply too rich for him (or maybe it's the high protein...) and am now looking for suggestions from others who've been through this. What food did you find that worked for your sensitive pup?

Thanks!
I had the exact same issue with Orijen every time I would introduce it to my puppy. He would get over his bouts of diarrhea and then I would slowly introduce less than a 1/4 cup and each time he would go back to having diarrhea. I finally realized it was the dog food. He was on blue diamond but I’m not sure that’s the best dog food but it definitely doesn’t upset his tummy.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.