Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dogs LOVE the 6 fish one, it's the only one they don't turn their noses up without mixing it with spoonful of canned. They used to be on TOTW, liked it ok , but always with a dollop of canned, without, they would walk away. I am not big on transitioning foods,,since good grain free is good grain free IMO, and no one has any food issues/allergies . I don't recal seeing that anyone feeds Orijen on here. Poops are smaller and super firm, but have always been decent. Gotta love that!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I don't currently feed Orijen but I have in the past and wouldn't hesitate to feed again. My girl does great on Orijen. The calories are a bit higher than I would like though since my dog gains weight very easily. That's the only reason I won't feed it to her now. I'm going through a bag of Acana right now, made by the same company who makes Orijen.

·
Registered
270 Posts
When a change in diet was indicated for our Kenji, I looked into Orjen but they did not have the formula our dog needed and higher in calories, so we went to Acana Singles which as mentioned earlier is made by the same manufacturer (Champion).

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
I love it but my one dog is sensitive and couldnt handle the meat content in it, the other would do great on it because she can eat anything. The only thing that keeps me from it is that 1) I would have to feed two foods and 2) its EXPENSIVE down here in texas LOL.

I feed pro pac ultimates, I add satin or fat balls (google them) I make for the one hard keeper dog, and play kibble with warm water for my dog.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I feed Acana, which is the same company, but a half step down in quality (and lower in price, as well). Kabota does really well on Acana, but no better on Orijen, so I stick with Acana.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts