Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dog does not like fresh/canned fish. He will however eat Holistic select anchovy kibble, and loves it.

Does anyone here have a dog that's not keen on fresh fish, but likes Orijen 6 fish? I'd imagine the Orijen would smell ALOT stronger than Holistic select..

·
Registered
15 Posts
My dog does not like fresh/canned fish. He will however eat Holistic select anchovy kibble, and loves it.

Does anyone here have a dog that's not keen on fresh fish, but likes Orijen 6 fish? I'd imagine the Orijen would smell ALOT stronger than Holistic select..
Hi christine, both my dogs love Orijen 6 fish, we gave them a bag 2 months ago, they did well on it, I'm sure your guy would like the taste, Good you get Orijen in Australia

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
Not sure what your dog will think, but I will say from experience that Orijen 6 fish is VERY fishy. The smell kinda permeates through everything.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Taste is just as subjective with dogs as it is with humans. My dog LOVES fish, some of her favorite foods are canned sardines and fish skin chews. But when I tried Orijen 6 Fish with her she would not touch it. Go figure. And it indeed smells very fishy.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, it will be available in Aus around the 25th of Feb. I wish we were getting it from the Canadian plant, but it's coming form the Kentucky factory, hopefully it's as good... I've bought kibbles that he didnt like before, but i just gave the bags to my daughter for her dogs. But Orijen will be $50 for the small 2kg bag, so it may get expensive if he doesn't like a particular flavour, and they wont be doing samples either.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks guys, it will be available in Aus around the 25th of Feb. I wish we were getting it from the Canadian plant, but it's coming form the Kentucky factory, hopefully it's as good... I've bought kibbles that he didnt like before, but i just gave the bags to my daughter for her dogs. But Orijen will be $50 for the small 2kg bag, so it may get expensive if he doesn't like a particular flavour, and they wont be doing samples either.
Hi Christine how is your dog going eating Orijen 6 fish does he like the food

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Christine how is your dog going eating Orijen 6 fish does he like the food
Hi Lori,

It only became available last week. I've started him on the original, which he loves. I'll get a bag of the 6 fish when this one is nearly empty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts