Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Organic food have been sweeping the country as a human food trend. Does anyone use organic dog food? What brands or companies make organic dog food?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use Wellness dog food, which is human grade food for dogs. I have also used California Natural, which is similar to Wellness. I also know of a brand called Solid Gold that is also very good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
A friend of mine buys Newman's Own organic dog food - her dog seems to like it. I like organic foods, but I'm sticking with Purina One Lamb and Rice since my dog has allergies.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
There is Karma, Eagle Pack Holistic, Castor & Pollux, Timberwolf Organics, Nature's Variety, and Canidae as well. All I can think of right now, and some are of course more organic than others lol...

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
If we are healthier on it, then they probably are as well. Afterall, I'm sure anybody is healthier if they cut all those synthetic chemicals and hormones out of their diet. >^^;<

·
Registered
245 Posts
I haven't used organic dog food. A lot of dogs seem to have troubles digesting it, especially if they have lived off other sorts of dog foods and aren't used to digesting such rich food. But, I bet if you started a puppy on it it would be wonderful for him/her.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Organic food have been sweeping the country as a human food trend. Does anyone use organic dog food? What brands or companies make organic dog food?
I feed Timberwolf Organics. Great for dogs with allergies because they have unique protein sources like their Wilderness Elk and Salmon formula.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Organic dog foods are more healthier and contains good fiber content.

Any organic brands you choose make sure to check they contain 95% organic indegredients.

I prefer karma over others.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I try to use a variety of foods for my dogs so they don't get bored, they're used to this so it's no problem..... anyway, here's a link to a directory that has alot of Natural Dog and Cat foods listed - there are customer reviews and links to websites, Greenpeople.org. It's just a directory so no one is going to try to sell you anything either. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
We've been feeding our dogs raw and/or organic diets for the last 15-17 years. We ended up switching to dog food about 10 years back after hearing from a vet how good it was and how much healthier she would be. Then, our dog ended up with three types of cancer - following extensive and very expensive surgeries, she passed away, constantly in pain and absolutely miserable. No other dog we've owned previously (or since) has had cancer and we all wish we had never made that mistake. I've been doing my best to urge everyone I know to switch to a natural diet for their pets, and, if possible, an organic one. For proof, I just show them our dogs - they get tons of compliments on their coats, their health and speed, and the way they look and feel - people can really tell the difference!

Watching the news these past few weeks and seeing how many animals and people (who believed that they were doing the best for their pets by giving them dog food) were suffering from the dog food recalls, I decided that maybe it was time I did something. I'm a law student so I don't have too much time on my hands, but I figured I was going to invest some money over the summer into producing organic dog foods for people who have my schedule (working 12-14 hours a day, on top of case readings - I very well understand how tired people can be!) and don't have much time to cook for their pets. I figure if I can get at least one owner to switch to a natural diet, one less dog will suffer how ours did, and that's good by me.

I've just stumbled onto this site and, frankly, it's wonderful knowing that so many people know about the benefits of a natural diet for their four-legged family members! Keep up the good work, guys! :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
A friend of mine buys Newman's Own organic dog food - her dog seems to like it. I like organic foods, but I'm sticking with Purina One Lamb and Rice since my dog has allergies.
I am glad that purina works for you. However, mostdogs with allegies are allergic to corn! Purina is loaded with corn and meat by products. Yuck! Purina is far from all natural or organic. I would never suggest anyone purchase any Purina products. Sorry!:(

·
Banned
1 Posts
Organic Dog Food (FREE SAMPLES).....

I just contacted the pet food brand that Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, Nicole Richie, and Christina Aguilera all use for there dogs.

It's called "Spam"! Spam dog food is all USDA Organic, and there are five different flavors available! Check out there website www.spam.com! I was very impressed!

Since not one store in my entire state carries this brand yet, and it's primarily available in California, and New York, I emailed them an address and asked if they would send me a few sampes to try out there product. They responded to my email, and said they would send the samples out right away.

I received the samples yesterday, and my dogs love there pet food! They only have USDA Organic canned dog food (no dry food yet), but they did mention that there dry food would be available in about 8 weeks.

In California, they are in all the Whole Foods Market Grocery Stores (Organic Grocery Stores), and a ton of upscale Mom and Pop shops throughout California and New York.

They told me that they always send samples out to people, and the response is great. They said that the people who usually order there product online www.spam.com), are people that live in areas that don't carry "Spam"

They were very polite, responded right away, and sent me samples within a week. My dogs loved there pet food so much that I now order it through there website www.spam.com (no one in my state carries there brand yet).

Give "Spam" a chance, and contact them ([email protected]). They will send you a few samples at no charge. All they need is an address to send the samples to. Also, click around on there website, it is very hip and cool!

Tell them that Allison from the dog forum chat room told you to contact them. They definately know who I am!

I hope your dogs like there product as much as mine did!

·
Super Moderator
11,444 Posts
Re: Organic Dog Food (FREE SAMPLES).....

I just contacted the pet food brand that Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, Nicole Richie, and Christina Aguilera all use for there dogs.
Good Lord! Is that supposed to be a recommendation?

Spammers aren't getting any smarter.

Tell them that Allison from the dog forum chat room told you to contact them. They definately know who I am!
No doubt, since you work for them.

And this is NOT a chat room!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Hmm, technically, I don't think Timberwolf is actually an Organic food, although Organics is a part of their name and they do use high quality ingredients...

Here's what they say about it on their website:
http://timberwolforganics.com/s.nl/it.I/id.8/.f

BTW, I use TO and am very happy with it. However, I just though in the interest of full disclosure, that it was worth mentioning.

·
Registered
92 Posts
We feed Merrick, which has some organic ingredients, mixed with Wellness, which I do not think is organic.... I told my husband that it was a sign of our own 'crunchiness' that even our dog is being fed a kibble which has 'organic chicken' listed as the first ingredient. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts