Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 dogs they stayed at an overnight kennel- who I believe took good care of them. BUT they ran out of their food....they said they had a day maybe more of Kennel food. .................... All 3 had the most atrocious diarrhea which I expected since their diet was changed dramatically & quickly.

But here it is a week later & the diarrha continues??? now today I noticed Blood in their stool??? Or 1 of my dogs stool???- I don't know which one had it?? But could it be irritiation from having soooo much diarrhea- hemmoroids?? do dogs get them?

Initially they all had some degreee of vomitting small to med. amts.... but 1 of my dogs did vomit 1/2 L eeeeek!Well the vomitting IS gone ........ & I thought the diarrhea would pass...

they are eating / drinking / active / & otherwise normal. At the very least I will get stool specimens on all 3 dogs. since I don't know who did the blood......... I will get an appt once I figure that out.

Does that sound OK? Any opinions?

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
If the blood was fresh (bright red) and only a small amount I wouldn't sweat it too much, just get stool samples into the vet ASAP and start ALL on a bland diet of boiled chicken or hamburger, BROWN rice and Pumpkin until they clear up, then SLOWLY reintroduce their food.

IF the blood is old and tarry or coffee ground looking or in a LARGE amount, I'd get them to the vet on an ER basis. These types of stools can be indicative of a serious problem including Parvo (which is viral and the shot is not 100%) or internal bleeding.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
I have 3 dogs they stayed at an overnight kennel- who I believe took good care of them. BUT they ran out of their food....they said they had a day maybe more of Kennel food. .................... All 3 had the most atrocious diarrhea which I expected since their diet was changed dramatically & quickly.

But here it is a week later & the diarrha continues??? now today I noticed Blood in their stool??? Or 1 of my dogs stool???- I don't know which one had it?? But could it be irritiation from having soooo much diarrhea- hemmoroids?? do dogs get them?

Initially they all had some degreee of vomitting small to med. amts.... but 1 of my dogs did vomit 1/2 L eeeeek!Well the vomitting IS gone ........ & I thought the diarrhea would pass...

they are eating / drinking / active / & otherwise normal. At the very least I will get stool specimens on all 3 dogs. since I don't know who did the blood......... I will get an appt once I figure that out.

Does that sound OK? Any opinions?
I would get the dogs in to see a vet since this has been goong on for more than a few days.

And could you please decrease the size of your signature? Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts