Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so a couple of you know my dog Killian has quite a few allergies. He's allergic to grains, chicken and potatoes.

So, after doing a bit of research and asking around, I found zignature. They make their food with zero chicken and potatoes, and have three grain free choices.

The ash contents for the three choices are:

Trout: 7.6%

Lamb: 7.7%

Turkey: 6.7%

Everything else can mostly be found on their website.

So, opinions on the food overall? I know it's rated 4 stars on the food sites, but most 5 star foods have things he's allergic to, or the ash content is too high for my likes.

·
Banned
359 Posts
Given your limitations, Pro Plan Sensitive Skin & Stomach would be my choice. I know it has rice and oats but the chance your dog is allergic to those is nearly impossible, potato as well. Not being argumentative but the probability is close to zero.

·
Registered
11,257 Posts
I know several dogs, mostly pit bulls with sensitive skin and stomachs, that are doing very well on Zignature. Whether or not your dog is truly allergic to potatos etc, or has a strong insensitivity to those ingredients, is between you and your vet. I have no knowledge of, nor opinion on, the company producing it.

I had a free sample of the Trout and Salmon formula which was devoured enthusiastically by the last foster pit but it smelled too much of fish for me to stomach serving it at breakfast.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Given your limitations, Pro Plan Sensitive Skin & Stomach would be my choice. I know it has rice and oats but the chance your dog is allergic to those is nearly impossible, potato as well. Not being argumentative but the probability is close to zero.
Anytime he eats rice, potato, or grains his butthole (not to be graphic) becomes super red and inflamed. His skin becomes HORRIBLY itchy and he gets ear infections, and he smells funny. I'm quite sure he's allergic to basically all grains and definitely potato. (I have tested all of these ingredients on their own, as well as the chicken on its own to see what happened, This happens with all of these things.)

Thank you all for your input. I do believe I'm going to give it a shot, and if it doesn't work out, then I will just keep looking. =]

·
Banned
359 Posts
Anytime he eats rice, potato, or grains his butthole (not to be graphic) becomes super red and inflamed. His skin becomes HORRIBLY itchy and he gets ear infections, and he smells funny. I'm quite sure he's allergic to basically all grains and definitely potato. (I have tested all of these ingredients on their own, as well as the chicken on its own to see what happened, This happens with all of these things.)

Thank you all for your input. I do believe I'm going to give it a shot, and if it doesn't work out, then I will just keep looking. =]
Call the office and see who picks up...no one. Email and see the response, it comes from an IPhone.

This is a marketing company with a clever idea. If the company is around in 12 months I would be surprised.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.