Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far the only food I have found to work for my pups is Diamond Natural (I use two different varieties for my guys). Some of my local feed stores have stopped carrying Diamond and are recommending Victor.

I am still buying Diamond at TSC but am interested in finding out more on Victor. It is cheaper but that really doesn't matter if it makes them stink, itch or have terrible tummy issues.

Anyone use this or had experience with it?

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
I've never used it or even seen it. Looking at their website, the ingredients don't look too bad. Not top-quality but comparable to Diamond Naturals. If it's cheaper than Diamond Naturals (!), I'd try it.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Never even heard of it but ingredients don't look too bad. I would have liked to have seen different protein based foods other than beef which most of their foods but one are. Nothing wrong with beef, but my dogs don't like beef based foods.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never even heard of it but ingredients don't look too bad. I would have liked to have seen different protein based foods other than beef which most of their foods but one are. Nothing wrong with beef, but my dogs don't like beef based foods.
I hadn't heard of it either. It seems to be mostly TX and LA people who are either reviewing it or searching for distributors from what I'm seeing. I would also prefer other protein sources to be offered.

One of my guys has a sensitive tummy and one has sensitive skin so I try to stick with what works. I do like knowing what is out there just in case they ever decide they need some variety or if their current food starts giving them fits. This sounds like it could be added to the list of future possibilities.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts