Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are currently using Trifexis and this last dose has made Juicy act very much not herself (she has been to the vet) She fine according to the vet and her blood work shows nothing amiss. However, after discussing it here and reading others experiences (bad ones) I do not feel safe giving it to my girls anymore.
So, I want everyone's opinions and thoughts on the best flea/tick and heart worm preventative for a small breed dog.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Banned
6,240 Posts
I use Pet Armor for my 12 lb Chihuahua. It's like generic Frontline, you can get it at Walmart for $25 per three doses. As for heartworm, I use generic heartguard I got from my vet.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I use Advantix II for Flea and Tick. I ave tried other brands but nothing works as well with the ticks. My foster dogs would be on a different brand every month and I was constantly pulling ticks off them. For HW I prefer Interceptor but it currently isn't being produced. My vet suggested Iverheart Max and so far no problems.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Go all natural!
Use organic "by the mother" Apple Cider Vinegar.
My 18lbs pug gets 1/2 teaspoon in her breakfast/din din. I haven't seen a single bugger bother her. How ACV works is it makes their skin taste acidic so the bugs don't want to make a home off them. She used to get Advantage and Advantix and it gave her BAD reactions. She'd chew her butt so much. She would break skin and bleed. And she wouldn't stop after that. We had to wrap her up like a mummy when we went to bed or left the house. Look how pathetic she looked :'(

And here she is now. Flea and tick free. Her fur is super soft. I can scratch her back and she isn't bothered. I can leave her by herself and not worry that she is hurting herself. No more sleepless nights due to her scratching! She is so happy and so am I!

One last thing I'd like to add. 1 of the best things about using ACV....it is so much more cheaper than ANY flea product. I bought this bottle: http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/179902_2274466158308_249403118_n.jpg for $8.99 at Win Dixie. It has been atleast 3 months since changing. We just got past the top of the label on the bottle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts