Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
(no judgement needed- the situation is rough enough)

My female boxer was tagged by not only her companion my male boxer, but also the neighbors pitbull. (Nothing against pitbulls in general but this one is half stupid and has terrible behavioral traits and is very not all the way there)
I'm afraid they've both been able to impregnate my female, and I'm curious if anyone knows how I will be able to know weather the pups were sired by the pitbull vs my male boxer as I know they have similar traits. My male is brindle, but the pitbull also has brindle markings. I am very familiar with boxer pups but not so much with the pits. Are there any distinguishable traits to look for with the pit boxer mix babes vs the pure bred boxers?

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
(no judgement needed- the situation is rough enough)

My female boxer was tagged by not only her companion my male boxer, but also the neighbors pitbull. (Nothing against pitbulls in general but this one is half stupid and has terrible behavioral traits and is very not all the way there)
I'm afraid they've both been able to impregnate my female, and I'm curious if anyone knows how I will be able to know weather the pups were sired by the pitbull vs my male boxer as I know they have similar traits. My male is brindle, but the pitbull also has brindle markings. I am very familiar with boxer pups but not so much with the pits. Are there any distinguishable traits to look for with the pit boxer mix babes vs the pure bred boxers?

Just hopeful that the pitty was too young and unable to produce. 馃槶

Registered
While there might be some phenotypic differences in the mixed breed puppies versus the purebred puppies, the only way to know for certain which pups were sired by the Boxer and which were sired by the pittie will be to get DNA from both possible sires and then DNA type every puppy in the litter. If you were planning on registering a litter from her and your male Boxer with the AKC, having to do DNA testing on a possible dual sired litter gets pretty pricey.

Honestly, as soon as she's out of season, I'd have her spayed. Easier on everyone all around.

Reactions: Boxermom360

Registered
Have the pups been born ? If not and its early days a mis-mate jab to abort this litter might be an option.
If not then de-sexing at the earliest time is advisable.
The only way to tell for sure who the father of pups is would be via a dna test on each pup..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts