Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought this guy home! He's a medium hair though, not a short hair like they have him listed as. He's settled into my bathroom for the next couple days to adjust before I introduce him to Kuma and Tybalt. Haven't picked a name out yet, but I've got a few I'm considering.
https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/37901963

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
aww missed it... saids it's not longer listed.. will have to wait for pics.... <3 congratulations for getting into trouble lol lol lol lol

·
Super Moderator
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got a couple pics of the little guy, he's hard to photograph, because he just wants to cuddle up by my face all the time, lol. His coat is a bit rough at the moment, but it'll get much better now that I have him and he's been on a good diet for a while.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Are you a Dresden fan too? :)
Not sure what Dresden is... I was trying out different names for him but none of them felt right .. Calling him Mister started off as a filler, while I was trying to find the right name to fit him. Then I realized that Mister fit him just perfectly. lol to keep it. it really is a cool name and he likes it..

Happy to hear (your) Mister is making himself at home. Gosh I love it when they fit perfectly to us and our home..

·
Super Moderator
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure what Dresden is... I was trying out different names for him but none of them felt right .. Calling him Mister started off as a filler, while I was trying to find the right name to fit him. Then I realized that Mister fit him just perfectly. lol to keep it. it really is a cool name and he likes it..

Happy to hear (your) Mister is making himself at home. Gosh I love it when they fit perfectly to us and our home..
The Dresden Files is a fantasy book series. The main character, Harry Dresden, has a huge cat named Mister. That's who I named my guy after. :)

·
Registered
768 Posts
I see mischief in those eyes. :) He's gorgeous.
Welcome home Mister!

I haven't read the Dresden Files but my hubby has listened to all the audio
books. I've heard enough of the story to know it's really good.
It's where we got Mouse's name from.

·
Super Moderator
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I see mischief in those eyes. :) He's gorgeous.
Welcome home Mister!

I haven't read the Dresden Files but my hubby has listened to all the audio
books. I've heard enough of the story to know it's really good.
It's where we got Mouse's name from.
I LOVE Mouse!! If I ever get a giant breed, his name WILL be Mouse, lol. I was torn between Vader and Mister as names, but Mister just fits him the best, and I love Dresden's cat, Mister, in the books so much! Doubt my Mister will get to be 30 lbs, lol, but I wouldn't complain if he did! Tybalt's far more likely of the two to get big, though, given he's part Maine Coon, and even he is highly unlikely to get close to that, lol.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mister is a cutie! Congrats on your new addition. We have a solid black cat (short-hair), too, named Miss Mary Mack (after the children's hand-clapping song); she's got the thickest coat, which we've noticed in all of our black cats. Does your boy have that thick coat, too?

My sister is contemplating snatching the semi-feral kitten from across the road (she's been feeding the mom and other ferals who hang out at an old barn since the neighbor who used to feed them passed away last year). It's probably a done deal, she's already named him Maxwell (as in Maxwell's Silver Hammer). He's a light grey (what we call silver) tabby with white feet and a white chest, maybe 10 wks old.

·
Super Moderator
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mister is a cutie! Congrats on your new addition. We have a solid black cat (short-hair), too, named Miss Mary Mack (after the children's hand-clapping song); she's got the thickest coat, which we've noticed in all of our black cats. Does your boy have that thick coat, too?

My sister is contemplating snatching the semi-feral kitten from across the road (she's been feeding the mom and other ferals who hang out at an old barn since the neighbor who used to feed them passed away last year). It's probably a done deal, she's already named him Maxwell (as in Maxwell's Silver Hammer). He's a light grey (what we call silver) tabby with white feet and a white chest, maybe 10 wks old.
Thanks! He's actually a medium/long hair, and the adult coat is just starting to come in, so will have to wait and see just how thick his coat is. He's a little fluff ball already though, lol.

·
Super Moderator
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Introduced Mister to Tybalt last night, and it actually went better than I could have ever hoped! Tybalt was doing lots of hissing and growling, but his body language was more curious than anything. Mister ignored him completely and focused on exploring and playing, lol. Had one iffy moment when Mister accidentally jumped on Tybalt and a fight almost broke out, but that's as bad as it got, and at some point while I was sleeping, they worked things out, because I woke up to find them happily playing with each other! Never would have thought they'd get to that point in just one night, but I'm absolutely thrilled! :)

·
Registered
768 Posts
The hissing and growling from Tybalt was him claiming dibs on the
bathroom sink. lol But if they are getting along and becoming fast
friends, they'll both be curled in the sink...and you'll have to use
the kitchen sink. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The hissing and growling from Tybalt was him claiming dibs on the
bathroom sink. lol But if they are getting along and becoming fast
friends, they'll both be curled in the sink...and you'll have to use
the kitchen sink. :)
LOL!!! Well, I don't know, I just don't think it's going to work out, I mean, look at them, they clearly hate each other!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.