Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Ive accidentally untrained the "come" command and replaced it with "wanna snack?"
I hadn't meant to.....but sometimes, if they dont come the first time, I go with "wanna snack?" bc then they come flying right up to the door.
Then my kids started doing it.....and now, I dont think they even remember "come", which was one of the first commands I ever taught them.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I have almost done the same thing with the word "cookie". I am thinking of naming my next puppy Cookie so I can use it for them all. Maybe I can combine it and use "come cookie".

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
Lol! .... for real ... my " Crumbs! " call is the best recall in the world. I have never seen three dogs come a running so fast in my life! :)

Good luck if you are really trying to re-train the recall command.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
hahahahaha
We've got a similar problem, but Come has been replaced by several words: Laser or Dot (from playing with the laser in the yard, she pays INSTANT attention and comes to that), and "Hoover" for any dog friendly food we might drop on the floor lol.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Our new "come" word is "bidet."

We have a bidet that isn't used and I stupidly turned it into a fountain toy for Poca. She loves biting and fighting water. So one day I turned it on for her so she could see what it was (generally if I let her explore something new she'll leave it alone afterwards; if I keep her away from it she becomes more determined than ever to get to it). Well, that started it. Now I can just whisper "bidet" and she comes running.

I didn't say it was a smart thing to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts