Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought home a very unhappy and unwilling to be moved little papillon girl. I can't believe it's been a year! In some ways it feels like it's been a long long time, in others it feels so quick. It's been a great journey though and I think it's safe to say the two of us were meant for each other.

I guess you could say it's Summer and my first anniversary!

First, back 4 1/2 years on the first day I met Summer. We were going to look at our new little puppy, Beau, when I got to meet the older puppy named Summer.

And then three years later when I went to pick up Rose...

Little did we know.

Then I started looking for the perfect dog- large male papillon about 1-2 years old. I ended up with a near 4 year old little girl, who was everything I wanted.

We brought her home and she pouted the whole way home. For about a week she wouldn't do anything with the other dogs, she'd just follow me around. For some reason she took to me right away.

We packed up at went to college together. She hated the drive.

More

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
She started traveling all over campus and got to see a lot of new things like tightrope walkers, fencers, and even elephants! She was always up for meeting new people.

She went to the papillon party and won the race over all the other papillons, even though she was one of the smallest.

That summer she suffered through being spayed and shaved and looking like a greyhound.

Eventually she decided those other dogs weren't so bad.

Her favorite came later... a little stinker named Nard. And he taught her what it meant to play.

More

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

So to my little girl....Happy Summer Day!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Aw, what a cute thread. Congrats on your 1 year anniversary! :D Actually, Bentley and I will be celebrating our 1 year this coming Sunday and since he was a stray and I don't know his birthday, I plan to make him a special little doggie cake to celebrate, haha.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
happy Anniversary, guys....seems like we both posted "updates" today....Summer and Nard are my 2 favs of your bunch.....

·
Banned
593 Posts
Awww, How cute! Happy Anniversary to you and Summer! :D :D

Summer looks soooo much more happy in her more recent pics. She looks like she loves life! She is so beautiful!!!!!! Her hair has really gotten long, especially the fringe on her ears.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone! We had a good day. :)

I was shocked when I looked back at those early pics. She almost looks like a different dog. I didn't realize he hair had grown so much since I got her.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts