Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
That is an odd mix but very cute. I cant help but wonder what his energy & temperament are like.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
What an awesome looking dog! He could be in a Halloween film or such! Lol! I would name him something like " Baskerville "

·
Registered
915 Posts
That's really...interesting lol. I can't tell if he's just so cute or so strange looking that I just like to stare until he becomes cute. Yeah. :)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Hahaha too cute!

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
He's cute!

Speaking of funny mixes, I saw a CL ad for Maltese/pit bull puppies a few months back. They looked like it, too. I hope the Maltese was the daddy. . .

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Haha! I don't know if that dog is cute or ugly. It is an odd mix.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
From the side he looks like a poorly bred Newf, lol

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
That's very interesting. In the first pic it looks like he has a double nose.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
That's very interesting. In the first pic it looks like he has a double nose.
I noticed that too. I wonder if he is a 'normal' mixed breed but has some sort of deformity?

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
I noticed that too. I wonder if he is a 'normal' mixed breed but has some sort of deformity?
There are breeds that were bred for a double nose (something about them having better hunting ability but that was debunked later on). I don't see any of those breeds in that dog.

I could be a cleft nose, just not a severe one. It's pretty rare outside those breeds that were bred for it ( and even in those breeds not all examples have it)

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
When looking up breeds sometimes for my stories, I see the weirdest combo of dogs ever. But this one is new, what an ugly dog. But to each his/her own.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
I had to laugh at this ad: What do you get when you cross a $1000 German Wire-haired Pointer Dam from Western Canadian Championship bloodlines and a Border Collie/Blue Heeler cross? We don't know for sure yet. Duke (father) is an outstanding cow dog. Roxy (mother) is a superb pointer and excellent retriever. Progeny might be great gun dogs ... might be great cow dogs ... might also point at cows and herd prairie chickens. No guarantees ... what they will be is intelligent, people loving dogs who are extremely athletic. They would likely do best in the country but would be fine in town providing they get regular exercise. One thing is guaranteed, only 6 others will ever have a dog like this. Not looking to get rich, I am looking for real good homes willing to send me a picture or two in a years time and tell me how Border Pointer or German Wire-haired Collie worked out. Puppies will be ready to go on Feb. 6th with first shots and de-wormed.

They were asking $50.00 each for them.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
That dog is DARNED cute!

I had to laugh at this ad: What do you get when you cross a $1000 German Wire-haired Pointer Dam from Western Canadian Championship bloodlines and a Border Collie/Blue Heeler cross? We don't know for sure yet. Duke (father) is an outstanding cow dog. Roxy (mother) is a superb pointer and excellent retriever. Progeny might be great gun dogs ... might be great cow dogs ... might also point at cows and herd prairie chickens. No guarantees ... what they will be is intelligent, people loving dogs who are extremely athletic. They would likely do best in the country but would be fine in town providing they get regular exercise. One thing is guaranteed, only 6 others will ever have a dog like this. Not looking to get rich, I am looking for real good homes willing to send me a picture or two in a years time and tell me how Border Pointer or German Wire-haired Collie worked out. Puppies will be ready to go on Feb. 6th with first shots and de-wormed.

That is an equally interesting mix, the pups would definately need jobs of some sort and I'd LOVE to see pictures of them.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts

They've done this as they are money grubbers looking for a profit then.;)

I'd love to see photos in the future as well.

SOB

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
There were no pictures in the Ad and they aren't going to make much "profit" at $50.00 a pup. Most people that would deliberately breed them would be asking an awful lot more. I have seen Shepherd x Labs for sale for $500.00.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Kyllobernese if you are responding to my post what I said was in jest - hence the wink that followed. I liked the wording in the ad. I thought it was very honest and I commend that and as well it was obvious that whoever is selling the pups for $50 cannot even be covering the cost of their food. This goes against the common stereotype of those that sell mixed litters, hence my sarcasm.

SOB

1 - 20 of 24 Posts