Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Late last night it was thundering and raining, I got up at around 1:00am just to check the weather on the T.V. and make sure there isn't anything sever coming.

When I got up Hawk was sleeping in the living room, sprawled out in from of the patio doors. He just gets up yawns and greets me and Kechara followed me out of my bed room. (Jack is nearly totally deaf and has no idea we are up so he's not in this story)

Well as I was watching the channel 2 weather station Hawk and Kechara go to the patio doors and whine to go out and potty. I sigh and look around outside, it hadn't thundered for the last 2 minutes so I thought maybe the worst of it had passed not to mention the pups were very adamant that they had to pee.

Hawk has never been in a thunder storm he can remember, the last time he heard thunder he was 4 months old (He's just over a year old now)

So I open the patio doors and let them out, well no sooner did their feet touch the ground, the sky lit up, 20 seconds later

BOOOOOOM!!!!

it was one of those house shaking booms. Kechara looks a little startled but just looks at me and walks back in the house. but Hawkeye tucks his rear and runs about 15 feet before stopping and looking around, He hears me calling him to come back and he runs back into the house.

When he gets back in the house he give me this look of "WTH!?" He calmed down immediately after that.

It was an interesting experiance.

PS> They never did finish going potty

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
My idiot dogs actually demanded to go outside the last time it rained really hard and refused to come in. I finally just left 'em out there in the rain. I felt like a horrible owner, but I wasn't about to go out in pouring rain and wrestle two wet dogs inside. No thanks. They have dog houses out there if they decide to not get wet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts