Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am browsing petfinder and stumble upon the exact type of dog I am lookng for. I am very picky, have very certain standards that I am looking for, and there he is! Problem is, its in philedelphia and I am just north of pittsburgh. SO I doubt they will be ok with that. But I had to try.

Im not going to just get any kind of dog just to have a new dog. It has to be very specific so if I see something, I have to jump on it. Fingers crossed but if it doesn't work, it wasn't meant to be and I keep looking.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Awwww, he's adorable! Hope you get him!

Why do you expect a "no"?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in a trailor (on private land, not a trailor park) and also i live far from them, although in the same state

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah he has that smooshable face I just wants to kiss him...ok, maybe NOT kiss him but want to. He reminds me a little bit of my boy:

looking, back, maybe not. Kohl has droopy lips...but they are both sweet faced.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
They might say yes even though you live a distance away. It's hard to say some rescues are very particular about it and some not so much. Good luck!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ugh, they said no. Oh well. If anyone knows of a similar dog in the western PA area, I am all ears :)

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
We've run into that with a Brussels Griffon pup. I was all set to apply for her (she got me the minute I looked at her) and in big red letters it said "NO OUT CITY ADOPTIONS."

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
That stinks, but at least you tried and at least they responded to you.

I'm sure you'll find another eventually.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Aww sorry to hear they said no. You would think that with the amount of dogs in rescue that even if you're a little far away but in the same state they'd consider it.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I live in the Philadelphia area and I have also looked at the organization Cares4Pets as well. I haven't had much luck with them either and I live right here.

I adopted Hunter from PhillyPaws, and they are pretty open to most adoptions. Most of the dogs are pitbulls but sometimes they get in mixed breeds that might be to your liking.

·
Banned
749 Posts
Some rescues won't adopt out of the city limits, or out of state.

Thanks for the info but the question was directed to the OP.

I could see some agencies not adopting out of city limits or out of state if a home check is involved and the person doing the home check can't get to where the adopter is to do a check. But if all they require is a reference check from a vet and other references then they should allow adoptions out of city limits and state if possible. It is hard enough for black dogs to get a proper home without all the rules and regulations. You would think that they would welcome such adoptions.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I wrote them a nice email explaining my dog knowledge and situation. They said no due to the distance and since they do home visits. He would have been perfect...so the search continues. Thank you for your replies :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts